1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala ma'am, Manju ma'am, Mega , Magee, l2s....
    Things are going fine as per plans.
    Had a good prayer on Friday and Saturday and did some nice cooking.
    Kamala ma'am, your shiny sink has a buddy now......Mine.....Thanks for the tips.....:)
    Did good amount of cleaning, vacuum and laundry.
    Have Ironing, Arranging the clothes for the coming week for my DS and Some routine check of kitchen cabinets.Would do these and grinding the Idli batter now.
    Shall do the shower clean-up tomorrow.
    Nice to be here with you all...
    Have a great week ahead....:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  2. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Bhargavi / L2S,

Nice to read your update.

Kamala mam,

Pictures are motivating, thanks for all the tips.

Manju,

Belated wishes for your Daughter, I wish her to be more joyfull and god brings her all the prosperity in her life.

Here goes my update.

Sunday i made Creamy Carrot soup (first time trial), it came out well, DH liked it very much.
    Lunch was Sambar with Ladyfinger fry.
    Lunch - Muskmelon juice and some snacks.

Apart from cooking, i hand washed few of my clothes, Dish washed, cleaned the Sink and asusual cleaned bathroom before bathing.
    Cleaned my Fridge, folded the dried clothes and arranged in closet.

Evening i went to beach with my DH and Cousin Brother, enjoyed our evening.

Magee

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dearies

Its nice to read your time management schedules. Keep it up.

Kamala dear you can courier me your old sarees, I am very fond of it. That will be a gift for nominating your post, hahaha (just kidding, dont be confused and sad)

1 person likes this.
  4. Magee

Hi Ladies,

Today, i wokeup by 6.00 AM, after refreshed had a green tea.
    Steamed the rice and heated the left over sambar of yesterday and packed lunch for hubby with sambar rice and Snacks, don't feel like doing elaborate cooking, as i am going to resign my job in current company (bit nevours). Breakfast is bread toast and had my second cup of green tea with hubby.
    I have got offer with good hike in one of the MNC, hence today i am going to drop my papers in current organisation.

My hubby accompained me to the new organisation, there is produced all the document for background verification and returned to office by 11.00 AM.

Today i planned dinner with Bread sandwich with cheese, milk cream, veg cutlet and sauces along with orange juice.

My FIL is arrive to chennai, hence fixed some target.

Need to change the bedspread, clean the bedroom shelves, arrange the closed, cot in proper manner.

But never bothered about my living room, fridge, kitchen and washrooms as they are neat and tidy thanks to this thread, because of it, i motivated to maintain it all.

Rest in Next.

Magee

Magee

5. Magee

Viji mam,

We are eager to know your schedule and menu???

Magee

6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

My weekend updates

Saturday : Day's plan was to drop DD at SIL's house, so that she has company there to play (will be staying there for 2 or 3 days) near my PILs house. Give few cds to fil. Go to Reliance office at Haddows road to en-quire few things, then to HP service centre to give DS's laptop(LT) for service. Then proceed as time permits.

Morning at 6, DH made coffee for me after long time:). Before my PILs came here he used to make coffee for me and keep the milk packets in the fridge in order. Today we were in no hurry, cooked B/F, mini lunch for my DS alone, dumped unwashed vessels in the bathroom, cleaned both toilets, took bath. While cooking, took the relevant papers, kept my handbag ready. Kept LT ready with its invoice as the display unit recently changed still under warrantee. DH checked and kept it ready. My chamathukutti (DD) packed her bag for 3 days’ stay. Just checked it and added a towel. Our joy ride started by 11 AM. As usual after his simple schedule of bathing, pooja, B/F, decided to take my car.

Goof ups: 1 : DH went to back garage without taking keys for the gate, which DD fetched. You ladies know what we have to do, right from storing balance milk in fridge to cleaning work tops and dining. As he was already at the gate, I was carrying my handbag, water bottle bag, keys, stumbled to lock all 4 locks. Picked up (literally) the sandals and locked (5th one) the garage gate, hopped into the car sweating profusely. As Sabitha tells I would like to have more pairs of hands.:spin

For the following I was a mere spectator.

2: We had passed few streets, then suddenly DH remembered that he has not taken the cds his father asked him. Turned back, he went in opening 4 locks took the cds, locked, again we started.

3: After passing two streets, I asked him whether he had taken the laptop, he stopped the car there itself, went back home, followed the ritual of unlocking and locking and finally we left , reached PIL’s home after being held at every signal by 12 noon.

4: He suggested to drop DD there itself, but as soon as we entered my mil’s 1st question was “oh! Have you not left DD at SIL’s. I told her that DD will come there straight”. DH didn’t open his mouth.

5: Gave the cds to FIL, he asked from a particular cd(as it is a sequence), which DH did not take. It occurred to me that it should be in laptop. He went 2 floors down (thank God there was lift and also power), switched on the LT, took out the cd, came up. Went to SIL’s home, dropped DD, went to Haddows road.

6: Couldn’t find parking, dropped me, DH drove to park two lanes away. In the mean time I went to Reliance customer services, told them the requirements, while DH also joined. They told the forms we had is in old format, they will be sending the new format in the coming week, to process the request. Result: job not done.:rant

7: Went to HP, first after entering into a wrong building ignoring my navigating skill, then to the right one. While he parked the car I went in, elaborated the problem of 'no display '. The service person with his magic hand switched on the LT, to our shock the display was there, without any problem:bangcomp:. He was giving us a sarcastic look, finally he said, that he will keep it under observation to console us.

8: Then had lunch at Palmgrove, went to landmark nearby, both of our favourite hang-out place at NH road, particularly to buy a wall hang of India political map. Didn’t get it, we bought 3 books for DD and 3 for me, autocar magazine for DH.

9: It was 2.30, we still had time to pick up DS from school, which was nearby. DH suggested to go to Ampa Skywalk to book movie tickets for the evening. Went there wading through the traffic, waited for our turn in the queue for half an hour. Next available show was at 7 (Movie : OKOK), but three seats were available at three different rows. I said no.

Now I took pity on my dearie:kiss, offered to drive. Without a word we switched seats. Came back to school at Kilpauk. Luck favoured. While I was slowly moving to find a parking my DS came out, he hopped in, went to Anna Nagar (so many diversions due to metro project) to pick up my parents, who had gone there to attend Chandi homam at a temple, near their last sammandhi’s house. Had coffee there. Made a flying visit to PIL’s last sammandhi, who live at the same area. On the way back visited my brother’s under construction apartment, had dinner at SB, KK nagar. Dropped parents and came home by 8.30 pm.

Climax of the day: While locking the outside gate, monotonously checked the milk bag. On finding all three milk packets in it (which I assumed DH has kept in fridge in the morning) my BP raised:shock: (luckily my normal is 100/80). Dumped all in dust bin. Just left a small message in IL, read for some time. Off to sleep.

Should I have posted this in snippet forum:biglaugh

Sunday update in next post.

4 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Magee dear I dont do fulltime job like you all. Due to my health I dont spend my time much in cleaning. Though I try to keep clean. Cleaning the toilet and bathroom I tell my maid to do as I cant bend and do any jobs because of my hip bone fracture 21 years back. Of late I am not able to sit for a long time and when I get up my back pains. Everyday my routine is doing cooking in the morning I cook for breakfast and lunch in the morning itself and finish by 8 or 8.15 a.m. then pooja. On Tuesdays, Thursday and Fridays do archana. Wash the vessels after cooking. Today did some cleaning in the balcony.

After brushing the teeth either me or dh light the diya. Early morning I take bath then only start cooking

Today morning I made Simla Mirch and Potato Subji with onion and tomatoes fried in it and also grinded little onion and tomato with chilli and ginger and sambar powder and coconut. Made Rasam but dont know what I put more in it my dh was saying by mistake I must have put garam masala in it. I had fried turdal, redchillies, pepper and jeera and grinded it with tomatoes and boiled it. After the tomatoes were ready put water in it and then bagarred(dont know whether the spelling is correct) with rai, methi powder, LG powder and kadi patha. Usually when I make Rasam I make some fried bhaji because that goes good with Rasam. Today as I did not have proper vegetable made simla mirch. Then later my dh went and brought vegetables. Once in a week we buy vegetables and store in the fridge. Fo r breakfast I make chapathies every day.

Morning for sometime log in to IL. We have lunch by 12.45 or 1 pm. Watch TV for two, three hours. Sleep for sometime in the afternoon. Have coffee by between 4.00 and 4.30 pm. Night make some tiffin. Today it is Dosa.

On Tuesdays and Saturdays me and dh go to Ganpathi temple and Saneeswara temple. On Mondays, and Thursdays I buy flowers to do archana and store it in the fridge. On Thursday evenings go to Sai baba temple. Being at home get opportunities to go for marriages, Narayaneeyam and other religious programmes whenever it is there.

I am not so perfect like you all. Since children are not there not much work also. I think God has given me rest now after working for 38 years. Now no rush but still I get up by 6 a.m. and finish cooking in the morning only. though sometimes I dont get sleep after 5 a.m. but early morning sleep is very nice.

Kamala dear some time back I also gave eight sarees to my dh's niece as I dont get chance to wear.When I was working everyday I used to wear different kind of sarees. There were many admirers to see what saree I am wearing.

9 people like this.
  8. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Aunty,

What we expect from you now is your vast experience. You have crossed our age. When we younger generation get older, we don't know whether we will have the same will power and physical fitness like your generation people. Now what we eat, breathe are all polluted. With technology improvements no walking.

When our sons and daughter grow up, when they start to fly on their own, we should be prepared for your routines. You are so enthusiastic to participate in this thread and so many others. I read all you FBs in different forums also. How patient you are to read and give Feed back. So sweet of you

Regards
    Manjukps

5 people like this.
  9. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Hello everybody,

i was little tired to update my scedule y'day. Here it is...I'll update my today's schedule tonight after i am don with all my work.

Had a busy day with my little one.
    on the cleaning front, I cleaned the master bedroom...sweeped even underneath the cot.. changed the sheets and pillow covers and my DH was surprised to see the room. I cud not mop.

made nice snacks - semiya payasam and peanut sundal
    dinner same as lunch
    then went out for some grocery shopping and cleaned the kitchen and sink completely :thumbsup

on the grooming front - i mixed besan with some cold milk and tried some face pack...not sure if it did any good to my looks though :hide:

10. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Hello Manju kps, looks like u had an adventurous weekend with some fun time as well with your family.

Hello Viji aunty, u deserve such relaxing schedules after 38 years of hard work and hectic days. Please continue to share your routines and your expert opinion with us. we would love to stay in touch with you here in this forum.

2 people like this.