1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time is the Healer???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by simrose, Jun 6, 2012.

1. simrose

simrose Bronze IL'ite

Most of us pray to god, at times of crisis, difficulties, hard times and so on. Lest most of us forget to thank god when we are smoothly sailing in our life.

We must always believe, life is like a smooth road leading us towards a beautiful destiny but at times we will face some rough roads and speed breakers just to make sure we reach our destination safely.

I thought of starting my blog posts with "Time is the Healer' title at IndusLadies because, most of us post a thread only when we are facing any difficulties or at times of confusion asking for help. There's one thing I suggest everyone, Time is the Healer. Yes, it is. Here's a piece of information from my personal blog, which I had penned couple of years back.

View attachment 156719

"People say that time is the healer. And I agree with them. You'll never know how long it'll take. It mainly depends on how we handle things at that time and how we react. Time won't heal every wound, it's we who handle makes the difference. We are the one's who is responsible for whatever happens with and around us: good or bad. It's like, we may not have control on what life flings at us but we can control our response to whatever happens to us.

Most of the times we go though lot of pain not being able to find relief from our emotional pain, because we don't make the changes what we need to. It's all in our minds... Be open for change, be alert on whats happening around to heal the pain and you'll really find relief..Do not stay locked in the same frame of mind and refuse to see the new world.

Everyone, at least once will be emotionally hurt somewhere somehow. "Time is enough to heal any wound". And time does heal all the wounds and if we don't forget and forgive our life would be miserable. Move on..to live and you should.. We don't forget everything with time, but we just feel different with time. With time, some emotions will not have the same priority. It’s all a process, you get hurt, you go through the different phases of denial, shock, anger, disappointment, and so on. But at the end, you learn to live with what happened and move on. Seriously, if you can make something good out of something bad that happened to you, then B.R.A.V.O. Don’t forget the incident, but forget the grief. It all depends on who comes into your life, to help you heal, to fill the gap. And someone will come :) And that's the truth."

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to IL Blog space simrose.

With your first post itself you bought out the best here.

And regarding the Title Time is the Healer?? - Its in both the ways, time is healer and the way we take it the pain & situation will help us to heal as the time passes.

3. simrose

simrose Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Pallavi for being the first one to comment on my first post here.

Again, regarding the title, though we believe time is the healer, at one point or the other when the going gets tuff; we get back to the same node of questioning "Why me?", "Will Time heal everything" and so on. :p

4. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Simrose,

Welcome to IL Blog.

Yes, Time heals emotional wounds, Time is also a great leveller of emotions both positive and negative. The bubbling happiness of winning and the crushing sadness of defeat both lose their strength over time.

I admire and love Time. It is so beautiful.

5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Simrose,

As time passes we know how to deal with a particular situation or pain. Initial reaction is always shock. Slowly slowly we accept it and move on with life. That's why we say time is a big healer. If some one near or dear goes away from this world......after sometime we learn to live without that person and life goes on. We don't forget but accept it. Then mind calms down. Even success or achievement is like that. Initial reaction....excited, happy and thrilled. But do we be always like that ? No. Even we accept that. If somebody congratulate after a lapse of time we don't jump with joy. We just thank them. Time makes us accept things.

Syamala

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Started off with a bang! Aren't you? Very nice to read Simrose. Thanks and wish you to keep posting more and more. -rgs

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Simrose,

A wonderful blog and a great subject to commence your journey as a blog writer. Generally, I associate pain in my life with my reactions to what is happening outside of me. The healing has to happen where the reaction is. If we believe the world is nothing but what our mind projects as the world, then, everyone has different perception of the world. Our true consciousness always gives and forgives and it is our mind that would like to get and forget. Time is a limitation that our mind creates in order to project a life for us. When we go above the mind, we have no limitation of time or space. Besides, if we do not encounter pain, how do we know what is pleasure? The pair of opposites are the reason for us to understand both pleasure and pain.

As you rightly said, it is best to forgive and forget. I am changing the order because the mind has strange ways of bringing things we forget. Therefore, we need to forgive the root cause of the pain and then remove that thought once and for all. Even forgiving ourselves when we make mistake is important as one who forgives oneself is most likely to forgive others.

Viswa

8. baburaam

baburaam New IL'ite

To add, im very new to this forum and this is my first reply...

Let the good times roll..

Thanks,
    Ram

9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Simrose,
    A nice and clear reflective post....which answers the question "Time heals everything , but when would the time come?" and paves way to healing......
    Loved the post Simrose.....:)
    Looking forward to more enriching blogs from you.....:)