1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time heals-Feelings mature-Responsibilities step up-Reunions happen!! ALL FOR LOVE!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by drnamshara, Jul 27, 2015.

1. drnamshara

drnamshara Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies :) :)

This time less ranting...and more positive news sharing! :p

11 months of distance....i cannot myself believe I traced that back!!

As me and DH have moved out since an year now, ILs decided to move back to the smaller place they had lived prior to our wedding.

For many weekends after the decision, MIL waged war at DH saying that I should better come and help with the shifting as she is diabetic and cant lift a finger! (I am immune to this now Harhar) I did not respond!

Finally the weekend arrived. Either I had to silently see DH suffer with all the packing, moving and rearranging etc all by himself or I had to go and face my fears head on and keep smiling all along as I wanted no stress impacting out first try TTC!! (high hopes of stressfreeness I had)

Annnnnnnd then I went....with my best foot forward!!
    Managed it all like a "piece of cake" [........iced with liters of sweat and mucus :p and layers of exhaustion though!]

MIL was "kind enough" to hand-me-down a few of her old dented utensils so that SHE can then clear her shelves and replace them with the brand new ones which were MY wedding gifts from MY MOM!!! (she will never change!! :D )

Good part was during the process even all my goods which were lying rotting at ILs house were routed to our home as well!! hurrrayy!! :thumbsup

And to follow this...the very next weekend DH had an immediate 6 weeks long onsite assignment!
    Now that I had over come anxieties and stepped back into ILs home during the shifting process, I as well thought let me take up the responsibility of taking care of them in DHs absence...

Annnnd I went on weekly visits and rearranged room by room...wardrobe after wardrobe...loft after loft...did all the transfer formalities for Gas, DTH etc etc...took them for medical follow ups....helped MIL babysit SILs DS....Felt like a good DIL :clap
    [I EVEN STAYED BACK FEW NIGHTS!!!! OMG not imagined this to ever happen even in my dreams!!]

Funniest part was each time my visit to ILs was scheduled, previous night MIL would give me a call and annoy me to the core to do a thorough search of my home as she suspected that I stole and smuggled to my home the in-door slippers i had myself gifted to her...and a table cloth....and a dusty WINDOW MESH of the old house!!!!! laugh1smiley Seriously!!!! Why on earth would I take a dusty mesh which is not even measured to fit my windows!!!

Oh well!! DH is back now...and a new chapter....newer varieties of "MILdles" (MIL made hurdles) are sure to unfold! :) :)

Anyway.....to me (and to them also i hope) it is now clear that:

"Boundaries do get set...Acceptance intensifies...
    Time heals....Feelings mature....
    Responsibilities step up......Reunions happen!!"

ALL FOR LOVE! <3
    hugsmiley

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Re: Time heals-Feelings mature-Responsibilities step up-Reunions happen!! ALL FOR LOV

May God bless you and stay happy...

TC hugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Re: Time heals-Feelings mature-Responsibilities step up-Reunions happen!! ALL FOR LOV

And..thats what you get for standing up for yourself...what a piece of mind !! OP...:):clap

1 person likes this.
  4. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Oh Dear Happy about your strength.. Enjoy the peace of mind and good wishes for your TTC.friendssmiley

1 person likes this.
  5. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    :wow
    a big congrats for moving out!!!
    how did u do that??pls help me with ur tips!!! i really need them.. im stayin with ils,lots n loads of probs from them...no support from h.. h always taking sides of mil..mil creating troubles btewn us.. mine n h relationship not so good becoz of mil..

really i need ur help ...

n all the best for ttc!

1 person likes this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Great OP!You have really evolved as a person.
    I still remember that thread of yours where you were almost shivering at the thought of going home,scared of mil because you broke the washing machine.You indeed have come a long way.

Best wishes for TTC and lots of hugs. hugsmiley

2 people like this.
  7. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations on your journey DrNamshara. Hopefully things will settle down and you will soon be blessed with kids and make your Mil to run after them so she gets tired and is out of these whims. God bless you for taking care of such a woman.

2 people like this.
  8. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

You go girl!! You show how perseverance and a spine can go a long way in showing crazy MILs their place!

9. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations love!! You are free from the daily "MILdles".
    I am sure you will cross new varieties of "MILdles" easily and with grace.

Now begins the partyyyyyyy time! Enjoy!

10. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations :number_one: and Kudos to you :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    good luck with your TTC and soon we get to hear the good news too.
    Just put MIL in the backburner. you did what you had to do. you never forgot your responsibility as DIL and your hubby needs to see that. MILdles will all go bad into her account.
    Cheek of them to say that DIL took their old mesh and slippers.
    My MIL says i stole my saree and gave it to my mom. why would i need to steal my own saree?theya re just crazy to the core.
    Dont let this affect you and continue being the happy person soon to be mom.
    Good wishes and praying for Gods blessings to continue to shower on you and your family