1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time - Healer or Nemesis??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

How many of us have asked this question?? Did any of you arrive at a concrete answer so as to say that – Yes time is the healer or time is my nemesis. Reason I pose this question today is because every action/event/situation has a time line tagged to it. We often hear these saying’s “Time heals all wounds”, “Good times will come your way” “Time and Tide wait for none” and the list goes on.

“Time” is one of the most profound subjects that keeps us all intrigued, an autonomous body invisible, intangible, irreplaceable and the most powerful in nature. There is a start and end axis to it that continues no matter what. This is my own definition of time alright :), wonder what google would have to say if I bother to look it up. Going by my experience I believe time is like two sides of the coin and it works in parallel. When everything goes our way, meeting our expectations on a daily basis sudden interruptions come in the form of health issues, financial crisis, relationship issues, career related ones, and many more to name. We then pray as well as hope for good times to comes, that this phase too shall pass. Current situation turns out to be the “Nemesis” but brighter side to look upon is that it “Heals” and changes. Nothing lasts forever, everything in life comes with an expiry date.

I sometimes wish, no let me rephrase it by saying many a times I have wished there was a “Deity” associated with “Time”:biggrin2: . If there is one already please tell me, I really need time to change my life cycle and switch to a fast-forward mode. Oh how I wish that was the case, anyways :bonk. Practically speaking yes a lot is in our hands, and it’s our actions that works and churns events. But nevertheless taking some off-track methods won’t do a harm I think. With a huge list of deities, gods and goddesses that exist for so many matters and reasons I wonder if the “Time” God was forgotten during that course or did he/she chose to stay neutral and be spared, because it was deemed for us to live as per how we are destined to live and make attempts on our own not seeking help. Just a guess that’s all :-D

Today the “King of good times” is missing, hiding from media and people, hahahhah isn’t that an irony now. Looks like his title is deceiving him. He probably is banking on good times for future, and who knows what’s in store. Time will only tell. From our date of birth to the time of birth everything is recorded and is associated with “Time”. Planetary alignments as per astrology predict some events, days are marked, events are placed, but time never ceases.

For now I choose to live in my present time, recall my good and bad times for all the lessons learnt, and hope for a better times. In short “Time” is my nemesis now, but trust it will “Heal” :2thumbsup:

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Scorpio707,

I believe it is neither a healer nor a nemesis. Because, time is related to our mind and senses. When a person is waiting for their loved ones to arrive, every second feels like an hour but at the same time when he or she is with the loved ones, time flies as though it passed in a few seconds even if he or she spent days together. It is just a concept that is wired in our head. Sometimes, we live in the past thinking about the sufferings or pleasant memories or live in the present moment enjoying whatever we were doing at that moment or feel good about the future or anxious about what was going to happen.

Time becomes valuable only when we project it from the time of birth until our existence in this planet. The best use of time is to assimilate lessons out of our experiences every night, create great visions for the future early in the morning and live in the present moment throughout the day. In fact, most of the time should be spent observing the present moment and what comes with it.

What value we built for ourselves when we were visiting this planet is the measurement for the best use of time that our mind and senses feel.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Time - keeper of time is Kaala Bhairavar. Its said that his worshippers are given an opportunity towards end of their time to dissolve all the bad karma they have accrued so far. Every thing will happen in a fraction of the second that the soul will be able to dissolve negative karma in an instant.
    When someone crosses the time barrier all past, present and future is said to exist on the same plane and that's how someone can know about their past jenma or can foresee the future being in the present.
    Does time heal? Yes it does to one who has lost their loved ones Time is a big healer
    All the above are relative to an individual based on ones own experience.
    What does this TIME has to do with the disappearance of 'King of Good Times' - Its just that he's still running good time !

2 people like this.
  4. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

I don't know if it will heal or not but I believe that whatever happens is for a reason and at the end we too agree with it when we look back.

2 people like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Time will not automatically heal the wounds, unless we utilise the time properly, divert our mind in other activities.Any value is valuable only if a value is attached to the value.Time is no exception.For thousands of years research is going on about the concept of time.
    Time cannot heal anything.Nobody can be grieving for long even if it is the loss of nearest one, advent of longstanding illness or loss of property earned out of life's savings.The significance attached dwibdles automatically while we try diverting our mind.
    Sometimes unfortunately the new venture may also end in worser calamities making the earlier loss look small. Anyway it is just like drawing a bigger line to make the earlier drawn line small.Time does not heal.Only the perception changes.
    The hope that time will heal or the calamity shall pass' is a mental solace offering a philosophical bent of mind accepting the reality.
    Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  6. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

What a timely post!
    IMHO Time IS a healer.
    Like @Jayasala42 said
    I just say that it does not even have to be a conscious effort.

Then there are different times , not only good and bad but at different levels. This is one commodity that is free but cant be stored or re winded. It can be saved, but it is lost forever immediately.Like a stitch in time may save you time later.

Yes, Kaal Bhairav is the deity for time as well as Death - the end of your time.

And yes, King of Good Times seems to have escaped in Good Time!!

3 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Time is just relative. The concept of time is very variable even on earth, even though we have tried to put a 'numerical value' to it with the help of clocks. I have never space travelled (to the best of my knowledge) - except of course in my day dreams, when I return to the familiar streets and company of loved ones from my childhood; at such times, time seems to lose its relevance or very existence.

Does time (as we know it) heal? I believe it does. Either because we get otherwise occupied which puts events - good and bad - in a different perspective or because our mind comes to our rescue by making us forget unpleasant events. However, I find as one gets on in life, old memories are much stronger than memories of the more recent past.

3 people like this.
  8. Scorpio707

Viswa Sir,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it was very insightful.

9. Scorpio707

Hi Laks,

That's an interesting piece of information that you have shared, Kaala Bhairavar it is then. Thank you for responding.

1 person likes this.
  10. Scorpio707

Hi Lata,

Totally agree with you...there is a reason for all that happens. Thanks

1 person likes this.