1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time for a break with K2S, again!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Mar 12, 2010.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Oh my dearest of dearest friends

This is just marvellous because I have had an absolute delight in reading all the feedbacks from all of you. I won't be able to do any justice with my replies. It is great to see you all here and the idea was for everybody to have a good time reading what I could manage to build. I should apologise though for repeating the news items and inspite of having read them before, you still took time to re-read them. I owe you all for this.

Sathya, your style is so unique and you always manage to come back with a fantastic reply. It seems to come naturally to you and I quite enjoyed it and thank you for that. Raji, I am glad that you had some good time reading the post. Well you are right that my cuppa does give me inspiration all the time. The antenna on my head tend to straighten up after a few sips. It feels so satisfying. Thanks for enjoying.

Kamalji, it really is not so easy to go with the flow like you do. All I have done so far is to identify interesting blog topics but nothing more than that. I am not really a naughty person in real life :hide:, but I think the more comfortable I become with this family (IL), the easier it becomes to communicate and drop the guard at times. Of course you always have ready stock of stories to tell everybody. The German fellow and the notice to air travellers in China - heheheh only you can think of business opportunities like this. My brain still works like a square or rectangle and have not got the skill to think outsde the box in such situations. Need a lot more Kamalisation! Glad to see you and thanks for dropping by. I am waiting on Cheeniya ji's thoughts on the work out routine.

TL dear, lets not even venture into the different ways things could have been manufactured these days. It is scary to say the least. But there are people who are slowly switching back to the old ways of eating and treating some of the most common illnesses with this change of diet. It could seem very unorthodox according to the current way of eating habits and not many doctors would join the party but like many other cases, we will see ourselves going back to old ways. This is my take anyway. And oh imagine what havoc it could be with the advent of transfering thoughts!!!!!!!! oh noooooooooo this could mean disaster for me. I will have to be mindful about when and where to have a naughty thought, else I could be caught red faced/handed in the most unexpected places. Purdah is a good option to use. How is your advance training sessions coming up?? :). Take it slowly please and enjoy. Very glad to see you here TL Lakshmi and to know that your cuppa time was well worth.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Susri ma, I thought you will be encouraging me and appreciating me for keeping up with the exercise routine :). Its really not that hard isn't it?
    You should try too and let me know in a couple of months time how it feels. Glad to share my cuppa with you dear. Math queen still has time to read my silly thoughts! I feel honoured.

Soldier dear, Thanx ma for everything. The training that Swiss ladies go through, was really hilarious. If I try to put myself in their shoes to analyse the scenario, it surely comes across as a delicate situation to handle if you come to think of it.......mmmm... Weekly or Fortnightly episodes??? naaaaaaaahh a flop idea it will be. Good to see you though and thank you for stopping by.

OJ da, A very sincere thanks for this reply and extremely glad to see you here. I wondered if we would get to see you here or not (HERE meaning on IL). You remind me of a good friend of mine. I love the fact when you mention about the spelling mistakes. This friend of mine is an editor of a magazine and he has always told me that he can never enjoy a book in one read because first thing he sees is errors and so has to read the article or book more than once to enjoy/understand the gist. I don't mean to say that you are the same but I admire the attention to detail that you have in you. I did read through the post again and have noticed a few sentence construction errors so far but have not amended them. Over all it sounds ok to me! I did spot a couple on your's!!

I am surprised that my cuppa inspired writing has a potential in it for further research. I was like "Oh really?" when I read that sentence. No matter to what size of potato Cheeniya ji gets transformed to with my prescribed exercise routine, the expolsive effect of a potato will probably be the same don't you think?? :) :hide:. And camel milk...you know I just managed to google it up and what did I see?? Camel milk is known to have three times more Vitamin C than standard milk and one of the CEO's of a camel industry's association has actually drunk camel milk and tasted some of the milk products, especially ice-cream. So to answer your curiosity, yes they are available and the CEO claims the ice-cream to be the best ice-cream he has ever tasted! Camel milk is a serious business making product, if not already.

Now who am I to say anything against an economist's point of view. You have all the facts and figures behind you to support it. The system of a system is to beat the system. So like Pad ma said, we try to find loopholes in everything. So, you lied about that incident to us OJ da?? :)
    Why not isn't it? May the naughtiness be with you! Your penny worth of observations are priceless and thank you so much for that. Whether you decide to comment only or write only or write and comment, it does not matter as long as you do something and not stay quiet. In any case I am glad that you found the most needed light.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear k2s
    Eminent ILites have commented on the various aspects of your delightful thread. So I'll just deal with that para which deals directly with me. I was furious to read the copy of email that you had forwarded for my benefit. 'How could she do this to me?' I shouted at the PC monitor before me and knocked the table hard with my clenched fist hurting my knuckles in the act. This is not the first time that I do a thing without knowing that I'll be the one who will get hurt in the act! That's why it is said that the people who forget history are condemned to repeat it!

Having hurt my knuckle, I spent a next few minutes nursing it. By that time my anger subsided completely for three reasons:
    1.While I nursed my knuckle, the time thus spent healed my bruised spirit
    2.I saw that you addressed me as 'Sri uncle'! Who can sustain his anger after being addressed 'Uncle' by a nice girl like you?!
    3. That the guy who forwarded the message had good intentions!

Let me now tell you the reason for my fury. I really thought that you had sent me a Forward eulogizing the benefits of Exercising knowing fully how I hated it! When I saw that he meant it to be a joke, I became light hearted again. If he had asked me to eat the 100 kgs of potato at a kg per day, i would have been happier because the modern researchers strongly recommend liberal consumption of potato as a sure fire remedy against body fat!
    Thanks for remembering me in your thread!
    Sri

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dearest K2S,

I loved having a cuppa with you and enjoyed reading the explaination about the milk. I didn't know that donkeys milk was low in fat.
    Looking forward to having another cuppa with you.

love, hugs and kisses
    alpa:cheers

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear K2S,

Your Cuppa, indeed seems to have magic, with which you spin your charm here on us. Enjoyed reading it very much.

Initially seeing the subject line, i wondered, whether you r going for vacation, and we will have break, like earlier in Movie channels, we used to have "SAMACHAR BREAK" :)

Australia, had come up with a unique idea of fining the citizens. Hope our Indian counterparts get motivated to adopt the same policy.

Knotty naughts swiss news was hilarious:rotfl

looking forward to read more from ur favourite Xmas paper!!!!

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear shree,

Not everyone can create blogs out of newspaper so that too is an exclusive art,okay?:thumbsup
    milk? i have not been able to deviate towards soya milk even so abs no question of goats or camel inspite of all the vitamins etc.that shows you what an unadventurous person I am.:)
    hahahah thank god you have recommended the exercise regime to ppl above 50..i still have some more years to give it a try.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  7. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Meenu
    Firstly I apologise for the delay in acknowledging your feedback. Its just been too busy at this end for sometime now and usually I am in bed by this time, but could not go to sleep today without writing back to all of you. Glad you enjoyed the break with me! I surely think all these varieties of food items have a lot to do with our current state of health. And a full time doctor at brothels???? I am just wondering if such an arrangement is already in place or not. Anyways good to see you here and hope you had a good weekend.

Dear Pad ma
    I have decided here on that it is best to approach you with anything I can think of and you will give us a detailed picture of that with your highly tuned and well known research skills. You are the encyclopaedia of IL. I am thrilled to see you here but when am I going to get the opportunity to see Slimran??

Dear Sri uncle
    Oh no K2S, how could you do this to his knuckles?? You mentioned " a nice girl like you?!". I am not sure if you are unsure if I am nice or not or if I am a girl or a lady?? :). I will take the former in both cases, thank you! The forward was indeed meant on a lighter note. Please do not bang the PC desk again and hurt your knuckles. It was sure good to see you here. Thank you! I still feel the exercise is well worth a try :hide:. I can still see the fumes coming out from your ears emanating from the bruised spirit. I shall call you UNCLE a thousand times over for you........I hope it feels even more better now.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayshree

You really enjoy your cuppa while reading all the news and sharing it with everyone. Everyone enjoys your style of writing. I am not so matured so I am not commenting on anything

love
    viji

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

ALPA darling
    Nice having you here. I did not know Donkey's milk had low fat either until my mX came up with one of its one liner specials that says It's true. But looks like Camel milk is more nutritious! Take care and when can we expect a post from you in Chinese or Japanese?

Dear Radhika
    You thought I was going on a break so that you all can be spared from my silly blogs?? Not so easily dear...heheh. Of course my cuppa does have special magic leaves that I use to brew. Good that you enjoyed and lets see whats in store next or if there is anything in store or not. Take care.

Mindi dear
    I am not a great fan of Soy milk but my friend here makes payasam/kheer with it regularly because another friend of our's who is allergic to standard milk products feels left out when others are enjoying payasam and she can't when it is made from "normal" milk. Believe me, the payasam tastes very good and of course different. I prefer that these days. I am not adventurous like you too in many instances. Stick to what has always worked with many. Thanks for the feedback dear and good to have your presence at my exclusive art exhibition!!

Viji ma
    I have to borrow what TL said to you " Aap aagaye tho noor aagaya hain ". Ungal presence is like a blessing to many of us and I am very glad that I am one among the many who seek your blessings and well wishes. You are matured but enne poley nut case illai. Nice thing about you is that you are a sport always and never hesitate to speak your heart. Thank you Viji ma for coming.

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Knot2share dear,

Thanks and thanks again. You seem to announce all the time that you will not share much. But from what I read, you share quite generously!!

After reading this blog, I feel comforted and at peace. Now, I need not scramble hither and thither to buy the daily news paper nor switch the radio/TV on for the latest in the world. All I need to do is await your blogs and gather all the snippets flowing around in the world, duly brought to us on a silver screen by you! And let's say you do miss out on a thing or two, we have the grandmaster himself, Kamalji, also engaged in a similar task of enriching us ILites about the tidbits of the world. Good thing that he has infected the young 'uns like you and Tubelight!!
    ...I surely am at peace :)

Very entertaining and especially loved the aussie clip about milk:)

L, Kamla