1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

time between engagement and wedding...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, Oct 24, 2007.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi ILites,
    Mine is a arranged marriage.we had a gap of 10 months b/w engagement and wedding.We spoke for hrs in phone.He went to US for 3 months.Thanks to the technical advancement.. had long voice chats with webcam.Got lots of goodies for me from US. After coming back from US we visited lots of places in chennai(maayajaal,beaches,shopping,movies).We had good time and understood each other well.
    Thanks for starting this thread and bringing back my sweet memories.

2. ruchika

ruchika New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    We had a gap of nine months between engagement and marriage...My hubby was in SIngapore and i was in India so we couldnt meet but kept in touch
    through phone and internet....We used to chat a lot and shared everythin from
    hobbies to food likes and dislikes and marriage shopping plans....used to send
    each other romantic messages:kiss also had some really big fights:thumbsdown but
    enjoyed a lot !
    regards,
    Ruchi

3. Prema_Rajesh

Prema_Rajesh New IL'ite

Hi Huma,

Very interesting thread!!
    I had a love marriage.. I met my husband Rajesh at my workplace.. we dated for a almost 9 months and now have been married for 2 years.. Almost every day we keep talking about the days we spent with each other before our wedding... I blush when I remember all those wonderful days..

Harman - Wish you good luck and all the best!!

To all friends - Wishing each one of you a Very Happy & Sparkling Diwali!!

With best wishes
    Prema

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi friends

wish u all a great happy Diwali.....May God bless u all with happiness and money.....

take care

Huma

5. rambaa

rambaa New IL'ite

what should be the ideal gap

hi
    am yet to get married... and am sure it will be an arranged marriage soon,..
    looking at some of the posts here, there are some couples seems to have issues even within the first few months itself under the pretext of compatibility...somewhere, it tells me that i should not rush for my marriage and ask for a good amount of time between my engagement
    and marriage, so that i could understand my would-be well and he could do the same.
    i know, some of you might say,the gap between engagement and marriage doesnt really matter.
    but just looking at the positive side of it, do you think a gap of 6 months between engagement and wedding will be better?