1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

time between engagement and wedding...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Mallika29

Mallika29 New IL'ite

Hi Harman ,

Best wishes for your engagement and wishing you good luck to get married soon .Ya, it's a wonderful period . we got engaged on july 15th and got married on Nov 1st . so we had about 3 1/2 months . Wow .... that was the most wonderful time of our life , I should say . It was the same feeling we felt we were in love before marriage . We wrote letters everyday and he used to call me everyday ( sometimes 3 times a day also ) from 9.30 p.m. till 11, or even 12 sometimes . He was on B'lore and i was in Cbe . We spent a fortune over the phone. Actually he came home only twice or thrice home but we spoke so much over the phone . I wish I could get those days back again .It was almost 15 yrs back .....

Huma, Thanks for briniging back the sweet memories ..............

Rgrds,
    Mallika

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi

Very interesting thread ........We got engaged on May 18th and got married on sep15th.......my birthdate falls on may 20th , so he gifted me SILVER ANKLET on the engagement day, and that was my first gift and really we had very nice trime during that gap,iam in chennai and he was in tuticorin.he dont have phone for his own, so used to call from PCO very rarely, but used to send me letter through courier almost daily,and i used to send him gifts, greeting cards, letter...... everyday through courier and he also came to my place very often from morning till late night he will be with me....used to dicuss everything , took lot of snaps, ............but didnt go out anywhere(my father very conservative).........really really enjoyed.......

got all the letters and used to yell him showing that....

Thank u so much for the thread...........MALARUM NINAIVUGAL......

latamurali

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi Harman

Hearty Congrats Yaar.

Latamurali

4. harman

harman New IL'ite

thank you so much..that was really quick..

5. harman

harman New IL'ite

thanks yaar..

6. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

congrats harman........these times r really precious, enjoy each n every moment of it.......i wish i can get back those lovely des:crazy

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  7. harman

harman New IL'ite

thanks achu...yes,u are right that i won't get these days back.everbody says the same thing..i have so much of free time these days..nothing else to do except daydreaming..he he he...:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

8. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi harman,

hm..... i saw the true love in each and every word of your post. the period between the engagement and the marriage is a diamond period . i met my husband a day before the marriage in person with lot of eagerness, so be happy that atleast u got a glimpse of your would be before marriage(forget that u r away from each other and try to enjoy every single moment of it) all the best for your future. may god bless u.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  9. harman

harman New IL'ite

ohh thanks shree:thankyou2::thankyou2:
    that was such a sweet response..he he he...

10. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi Harman ..congrats dear....this will be yours sweet memories.....

I met my hubby when i was 16 years old, i was in holiday at that time in India. He said that i will be his wife in the next five years....i return to France and exchange letters....

5 years after i return to India for my elder brother's wedding and in the same time i got married in august and return in the same month in France. He was student at that time.

i arranged the papers for him to join me....it took me one year......