1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Tilting or Regular TableTop(non-Tilting) Wet Grinder?...your suggestions please!!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by swaran, Dec 15, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

We are planning to get a wet grinder in a month's time...we are 4 elders+1 kid at our place...just looking for grinder which weighs less,could be cleaned easily and batter comes out smooth.....actually at my MIL's place,we have the old model traditional big wet grinder which we want to change...

I am planning for table top kind of wet grinder but i have few confusions...Kindly clarify

(1)whether to go about with tilting wet grinders or normal Table top wetgrinders.At my mom's place we have ultra wet grinder...its table top but cannot be tilted...but its working fine...tilting wet grinders,even though i have heard about it,i really havent seen people using it in many homes...many of them have the table top kind of wet grinder...that gives me a confusion whether tilting type is really worth :confused2:
    (2)which is better?...grinder with 3 stones or 2????...
    (3)which brand of grinder is good...????

Please help me in selection:)

Also i would like to know whether i need to look for certain other things while buying....

Thanks in Advance
    Swaran

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi swarna,

I have always used table top (not-titling), earlier it was sowbagya and now it is ultra. I find it easy and convnient to use. It is the two stone one and it works fine. Would like to hear about the 3 stone one from those who have used.

My cousine had a tilting grinder, but she changed to regular table top because it was always having problem with the spring/suspension equipment that aids in tilting. Not sure if it was only her machine or if it is a general complaint with tilting model. I too would like to hear from ppl. who are using tilting wet grinder about their experience and reviews.... thanks for starting this thread :)

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

dear akilaMani...
    thanks a lot for your first feedback and also for sharing your experiences here...
    yes as you say i too believe(not sure) that this tilting grinder has some problem thats why i dont see too many people using this,though heard its good...not seen any lady using it(in my circle)...thats why i was doubtful whether it would be good...look and cleaning factor,tilting looks better than normal but worried if that would be permanent...
    and same goes with 3 stone...i usually see people using 2 stone...
    so lets just wait for other ladies to pour in their feedback :)

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

swaran,

I have used ultra when it first came into the market. later i moved to premier tilting when i was restricted from lifting weights and managing with an table top was a problem. when i moved back to india, i opted for a tilting..it is compact, lesser space occupying..though i am told some models do have problems in the screw and the tilting..i have a sowbhagya shree for the past 4 years..and it is working fine...

so both are good..depends on how you operate the grinder.

5. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I am using Butterfly 3-stone (conical) wet grinder. It is giving the best results so far compared to the wet grinders i have seen. It takes just about 15 mins for very fluffy idly batter while my aunt's 2-stone (cylindrical) Ultra grinder takes about 45 mins for the same.

It is more of the stone setup than the brand. So i would strongly suggest you go for 3-stone conical shape wet grinder. I think the same is available in Ultra also.

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot shanvy..first time getting a good feedback about tilting grinders that too from the person using it...thanks a lot..!!!!!!
    thanks for telling about butterfly...i have heard a lot about ultra...infact had one at my mom's place but wanted to hear about some other brands too...especially 3 stone one...
    thanks a lot...i am also thinking about 3 stone this time..lets see....
    can you please say how long are you using this grinder?....which was the one you used previously??

thanks a lot lakshmi :)

7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I purchased this grinder in July, 2006. When i was buying this table top model, my neighbor who has Ultra 2 stone grinder advised me to go for regular (huge) grinder because of the time it takes to grind. But i just went ahead and purchased this 3-stone (conical) model as i was convinced about the way 3-stone grinder works. Now i am glad i did. The performance matches the regular one and the size is convenient for a small family.

As i said earlier, it is the stone layout which makes it more efficient. Once i forgot to place the small conical stone in the middle and the batter took ages to grind :bonk

Before this, i used to use mixie for the batter.

1 person likes this.
  8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot orion for the quick response....that was really useful
    thanks a ton :)

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

swaran i find the difference in the conical and the round stones..since i have used both..in the tilting, the stone is round and a little heavier than the ultra's stones.

i find an more even batter then while using conical..again this maybe my personal feeling.s

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot shanvy for your detailed explanation..:)