Tilted uterus

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sophiebaggio, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Sophiebaggio

Sophiebaggio Senior IL'ite

Did anybody here have a tilted uterus?I found out during my HSG that my uterus is tilted and I am wondering whether that could have been the reason why i have not yet concieved.I am doing IUI this month.Do u think IUI will work for a tilted uterus?

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Tilted uterus is very common and does not typically affect the ability to conceive. It also won't prevent IUI. Having a full bladder when you go for IUI may help.

Good luck. :)

3. Sophiebaggio

Thanks amica:)

1 person likes this.
  4. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

@sophiebaggio

Yesterday i did scan and found me too have tilted uterus. and My doctor said she had problems during my last IUI to put sperm in the cervix center point.

so did you had same problems during IUI and had pain during the entry into cervix? i am having pain when they force this device to reach cervix..

Even i am under Yasmin (BCP) for clearing any cyst that comes this month and get ready for next IUI following month.

Doctor is now suggesting, will try IUI with local anesthesia....did you heard anything like this?

@vasumathy

any thoughts on how ppl managed tilted uterus with IUI having pain in local anesthesia...did you heard any one saying about this? also any idea on cost associated with the anesthesia in IUI? i hope it should be a local injection for anesthesia and simple procedure...i am scared if it is an general anesthesia which includes op and lot of cost.

Any thoughts on valium ?

sorry for being more specific with questions.........Thank you @vasumathy @sophiebaggio in advance for replying :p

5. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hi vanicha!
    Tilted uterus in medica term is called retroverted uterus which is quite common n normal. When trying natural they say retroverted uterus may b one obstacle for the sperms swimming up but IUI is beating that factor. So there is nothing to worry n IUI should be successful .
    The pain u may b experiencing is when the doctor tries to push the tube containing the washed sample, it has to enter smoothly through the opening of the cervix, it may b tight in some n a dilator is used first to open n then pass the tube. Usually it's not very painful, but if ur sensitive , u can opt for sedation , mild form. I haven't heard of local anaesthesia for this. All the best ..

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

vanicha,
    Why do you need anesthesia for IUI? Even there is discomfort because of tilted uterus, it should be manageable. General anesthesia or local anesthesia are usually not used for IUI. Those would need some care while injecting and after few minutes to hours.

I used to have lot of discomfort during IUI though i have normal uterus. but soon after the IUI is over, i will be ok. Using the dilator is a big deal to me. Either the doc din do it properly for me or something gave trouble in placing those!

Hope your IUI process will go smooth!
    Baby dust to you.

7. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

@agony @vasumathy

Thank you for quick reply....

My problem is I am having huge pain using dilators....doctor is not able to reach cervix during iui...last time she left the sperm before the cervix ....

I tried sounding two days back to see if it's easy during iui...but I couldn't tolerate.....i need some sedation which makes me no pain or some anesthesia for my problem I think...i am confused now...

8. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Dear vanicha,
    I think the opening of cervix is tight in ur case , u could ask ur doctor to do the transfer under sedation.
    My cousin who was TTC for 3 years, she was a case of PCOD, had a tight os which was diagnosed during lap & hyst. She conceived the next month following the procedure.
    U never know u could too if the tight os was the issue in ur case

9. Sophiebaggio

I had pain during my iui and also during hsg.i think i may have tight cervix as u said.i am gonna ask my doctr about it next time..