1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tighter!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Mar 11, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Sulaiman was cursing that thin rope once again. "How tight it is and almost seem to cut some flesh!", he thought. But he was also afraid to remove it from his body, as he remembered the words of that mystical man whom he met earlier. To start with, Sulaiman had been known to be one of the richest merchant in that city, but not all people would accept that his ways were clean. But when compared to that boy who had nothing and came as an orphan to that city, to what he was today, the old timers of the city couldn't hide their surprise.

Some said that its all his good fate. Some said that it was due to the generousness of Usman sahib, who picked him up and gave a job in his big shop. Sulaiman learned a lot of things there and started his own shop. Usman wished him well and gave some money too, then. Though Sulaiman had been successful, he couldn't even get closer to Usman. Usman had branches in many cities and his turnover was 10 times more. Sulaiman realized that unless Usman was 'removed', he would never get to where he liked. To his joy, he found that mystic man in the desert and saved him from starvation. That man wanted to repay the kindness and Sulaiman expressed his wish.

That man explained his plan and went out somewhere to collect his 'tools'. "I am going to use a powerful black magic on that person! It will wreak havoc on his family, but in order to protect me and you first, lets wear this!", he said and showed two identical long black and thin ropes with a dull metal piece in the middle. The metal had something scribbled in it. Sulaiman wore it loosely, but that man tightened it upon him, saying, "tighter the better!". When Usman came out of the mosque after the noon prayer, he suddenly felt as though his neck portion was on fire. He bent down to see his newly worn locket turning deep red. Minutes later, he was alright. Meanwhile, Sulaiman stretched himself a bit after a busy morning and heard the snap. His rope had been torn.

From afar, he saw something grey and formless rushing towards him.

teenulahari likes this.
  2. sindhu06

sindhu06 New IL'ite

Hi RGS,

Can you please explain the end... I couldn't get it... Sorry...

3. rgsrinivasan

He got back what he tried to do to Usman. A common myth is that a failed black magic destroys the doer. Since his rope was torn, he was without a safety. Hope it explains Sindhu. Thanks for asking. -rgs

teenulahari likes this.
  4. sindhu06

sindhu06 New IL'ite

Thank you RGS...

Nice story...

5. rgsrinivasan

My pleasure to explain, Sindu. Thanks. -rgs

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

As the saying goes"venai vidhaithavan venai arruppan" he got back what he wanted to do unto another.

I recently read Agatha Christie's "The Hound of Death" it has a similar end and I was reminded of it. Nice story rgs, enjoyed reading.

Akila

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akila, for your nice feedback. Didn't read "The hound of death" yet, so happy that I got one more book to look for. -rgs

8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rgs,

It is one of her short stories, you will find it under "The Hound of Death" or "The Golden Ball" (short stories collections).

Akila

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akila. Will read the entire collection soon. -rgs

10. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Thats a nice story , rgs :)
    actually i didn't get i completely before reading you clarification.