1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tight Schedule- Spouse, Rat & 'craft

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Delighted with your response. As Dad so are his daughters. Chapter is numbered 17. as per numerology(Cheiro's) as a compound number 17 - it signifies....quote(.)it generally associates a person with bitter quarrels, even family ones, also with war, social upheavals, such revolutions; and in some cases making money and position through wars or by wars. it is however warning of a treachery, deception by others, also danger from elements, such as storms, danger from water, fires and explosions. when this compound number appears in working out dates in advance such a date should be taken with a great amount of care, caution, and circumspection.(unquote)
    incidentally Lord Ganesh at Siddhi vinayagar Temple @ Prabhadevi is crowded on Thursdays from 4 am till vee hours by devotees and considered to be auspicious. I with friend of mine (Engineering mate) were regular visitors to this temple. His (Lord Ganesh) vehicle is ..... you know.
    Thanks for triggering memory down the line or lane.

2. Thyagarajan

:hello:thanks and your jotting made my day and so double welcome. I trust you would read my responses to feedback above. God Bless us all.

kaniths likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Naturally he is the one preferred vehicle by Lord Ganesha. destroyer of vignams - obstacles enroute!!!
    Thank you Rgegrds. God Bless us all.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Thyagarajan,

When I read the title "Spouse, Rat and Craft", I was wondering what it could be about!!! The curiosity of mine made me get into the snippet and read. Your narrative skill of this rat playing havoc the day you had to leave for a conference is incredible to put it mildly. It reminded me of a Rambling by Cheeniya Sir about his successful mission with his spouse to get rid of a cockroach.

Your son has an extraordinary skill to spot the rat that had been giving tough time for you since morning and your spouse had the presence of mind to close the lid of the cooker. It is better to replace an old cooker with a new one rather than leaving the spouse and the child at the mercy of a rat while you were traveling.

Thank God all that happened were for your good including missing the flight. The ending sentence from Bhagavad Gita reminded me of a story. Once a king went for hunting with his minister and he got a finger cut off in the forest because of some strange reason. The minister said, "All is for your own good". The king got furious and ordered the arrest of the minister for his words. When he continued his hunting, a tribal group caught him and was getting ready to sacrifice him for their Lord. Suddenly, the Tribal leader watched his fingered severed and asked for the proceeding to be stopped and let the King go free as it is inappropriate to offer a person with one less finger to his Lord.

The King returned happy back to his kingdom and understood the importance of the minister's words. After releasing him he asked, "Fine. it was for my good. But what good happened to you when I ordered your arrest and when you stayed in Jail?" The minister politely replied, "If I was present with you, the tribal would have ordered my execution as I was an eligible sacrifice".

Viswa

5. Thyagarajan

:hello:Dear VISHWAJI,
    It is great to get appreciation from a BRAHMA RISHI - a veteran and pioneer in this online open forum. This would remain close to my ❤️.
    2. I love your paraphrasing and efforts taken to put it in black & white. Thanks from bottom of my ❤️.
    3. Your penultimate para story underscores a seemingly or relatively small punishment that nullifies or annuals a major one ☝️ is very befitting to conclude your wonderful thoughtful skilful response or feedback .
    4. Your words very encouraging to strive better.
    Regards.
    Thanks .

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Excellent narration... Is this a true story.
    If yes you are very lucky to get saved by rat hungama to miss the crashing flight.. will read other snippets thanks

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

You should send a'Thank you" note to the rat.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

So Rat - could it be called Guardian Angel?! Thank you. Regards.

9. Thyagarajan

Nice . Thank you.

10. Thyagarajan

Thank you .