1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ticketless Travel-by Whom?

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by jayasala42, Sep 4, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The following message is making rounds recently.

Once a TTE (Train Ticket Examiner) who was doing the duty in a Bangalore bound train from Mumbai caught a girl who was hiding under a seat. She was around 13 or 14 years old. TTE asked the girl to show the ticket to which she replied that she is traveling without a proper ticket. Then the TTE told the girl to get down from the train. At that same time, he heard a voice from behind. "I will pay for her". That was Mrs. Usha Bhattacharya, who was a college lucturer by profession. Mrs.. Bhattacharya payed for the girl's ticket and requested her to sit near by.. Then she asked,
    "what's your name?"
    "Chitra", girl replied.
    "Where you are going?"
    "I have nowhere to go." girl replied. "Then come with me." Mrs. Bhattacharya told. After reaching Bangalore, Mrs. Bhattacharya handed over the girl to an NGO. Later Mrs. Bhattacharya shifted to Delhi and the contact between the two came almost into a halt. After around 20years Mrs. Bhattacharya went to San Francisco (USA) to deliver a lecture in a college there. While she was in a restaurant, after having the meal, she was about to pay the bills. Then the receptionist informed her that her bills are already paid. When she turned back, she saw a women with her husband smiling at her. Mrs. Bhattacharya asked the couple, "why did you pay my bills? "
    Young woman replied, "Ma'm, the bills I paid are very less when comparing to the ticket fare you had paid for me for the Mumbai - Bangalore train journey!" Tears were rolling out from both eyes of the woman. "Oh Chitra... you..!!!" Mrs.Bhattacharya responded astonishingly. While hugging each other, the young lady said, "Ma'm my name is not Chitra now. I am Sudha Murty. This is my husband Mr. Narayan Murty".
    Don't be astonished. You were reading the true story of Mrs. Sudha Murty, the chairman of Infosys Ltd, and Mr. Narayan Murty, one who established the multy million Infosys soft were company. Yes, the little helps you extend to others can change their whole lives! And the society will get the same help in return in a bigger waY.

The above message is in contrast to the message that appeared in 2012 in a web page in relation to the biography of Sudha Narayana Murthy.

http://www.gyanaranjanpanda.in/2012/08/bombay-to-bangalore-by-sudha-murthy.html?m=1

How the roles have totally changed. The impression that is created in the minds of people about the dignitaries totally changes.
    Of course I don't know the authenticity of the web page also.
    They say rumour has no legs and hands,but travels at the max speed.

jayasala42

blissfull and joylokhi like this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Social media - this is the ultimate! This is a warning to not believe or get deep into anything and everything we come across!