Thyroid levels are high during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by anu02, Dec 11, 2013.

1. anu02

anu02 New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

i m 14 weeks pregnant now and this is going to be our first baby.yesterday i got my blood test report and everything is f9 expect my thyroid levels are slightly higher than the normal value i.e my TSH is 7.37.
    My doc told me not to worry and prescribed me some medicines but now after reading many articles on the internet about thyroid during pregnancy i m worried and concerned about my baby health.
    do i need to take any extra precautions ? pls advice me.

2. Soulsong

Soulsong Silver IL'ite

Dont worry.
    a thyroid issue which is not taken care of could lead to a lot of developmental disorders in new born baby's. If the problem is recognized and if your doc has prescribed you medications then everything is fine. You have to follow the instructions carefully- take the medications everyday without fail.

1 person likes this.
  3. anu02

anu02 New IL'ite

thanku......

4. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

hi anu

i am currently 26 wks pregnant and diagnosd with thyroid at initial stage of pregnancy and curently on medication thyronum tabs
    and its under control but pls take the medicine withoutfail

5. drdeepakdeepz

drdeepakdeepz New IL'ite

Hypothroidism in pregnancy shud be treated wit regular check ups... as u mentioned u r TSH level is 7.37 is pretty high and shud be taking Thyronorm tabs & dose depends on u r free T3 n T4 levels which gives more accurate picture of u r thyroid status during pregnancy..regular intake of medications prevents any adverse consequences...

6. anu02

anu02 New IL'ite

hii,
    ya i m taking my thyronorm tabs regularly...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  7. babasgirl

babasgirl New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I am 11 weeks 2 days pregnant and have had hypothyroidism eversince 2009. My tsh was 4.2 at 4 weeks and doc increased my dose to 100mcg and 8 weeks tsh was down to 3.2 and dosage was increased to 112 mcg. I also have hashimotos . I am really scared about the anti-thyroid bodies affecting my baby.