1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

thyroid disorders

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by arch174, Sep 7, 2007.

1. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

Hi All !

My story of Thyroid Disorder..

I am one of the persons diagonised with Hyper Thyroid when i was 6 Months pregnant ( about 1 year back ). My values were very much abnormal. I was worried about its effects on the baby. I was put on PTU ( Propyl THyro Uracil ). This is said to be safe during pregnancy ( as told by doctors ).

So i started the dosage for 1 week- no improvemnt in TSH, 1 month- no improvement in TSH, at the end of my pregnancy- No improvment in TSH, however t3, t4 , ft3 ft4 were normal. But the TSH was veryyyyyyyyyy low.

After the delivery i continued the tablets for 3 months, but dint find any improvemnt in the TSH. And one fine day doctor said we shall plan for a long term solution ( no idea what it could be ). somehow i discontinued the tablets and i did not even bother to have the blood test done. After 3-4 months i started getting worried and had my blood test done. To my surprise all my values are Normal ( T3, T4, TSH ) NOW. I donno how it happened but i was really astonished looking at the values.

The reason for my thyroid disorder ( as some say is ) due to the harmonal changes during pregnancy.

But whatever it is either Hypothyroid or Hyperthyroid, will not have any direct effect on the baby. For eg: if a mother is hyperthyroid, it is not neccesary that the baby will be hypo/hyperthtyroid. During the initial days after birth, the baby may test positive for Hypo/Hyperthyroid. But that is purely due to the mother's blood in the baby..

But my suggestion to all ladies with/without Thyroid disorders is to practice Yoga. There is a separate asana for Thyroid. One of our neighbours had done the same and she says her thyroid is absolutely normal today. Ofcourse i dont have any personal Experience.
    But people say, most of the diseases can be cured by practicing YOGA.

Even i have planned to start YOGA from tommorow. Lets see..Actually i planned it from today but.... :)

2. Lakshmy0609

Lakshmy0609 New IL'ite

Dear IILites ,

i am also suffering from hypothyroid since past 2 yrs and have been taking thyronorm 50mcg daily in the morning.

Recently i am taking homeopathy treatment for the same , though i am still taking thyronorm but the doc has assured me that soon that would not be required .

will keep u informed about the progess.

There are alternate therapy to thyroid so need not worry .

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi, Thanks for that piece of information. Do share your experience after getting the result.

4. anupsougan

anupsougan New IL'ite

Hi ALPA,

I am a Hypothyroid patient and i suffer from emotional problems as well.Thanks for your love.
    My prayers and love for your siter. God Bless!!!