1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

thyroid disorders

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by arch174, Sep 7, 2007.

1. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Even I suffer from Hypothyroidism for nearly 3 years.My symptoms was irregular periods and found out that TSH was high.Immeaditely my doctor put me on Levothryroxine 50 mcg and is working for me.But I feel that how this thyroid gland has an impact on everything cholestrol level,heart,fatigue,cold tolerance and controlled using this medicine.

I never heard of previous generations having the thyroid problem,is it becoz that they never tested it ?

2. Elvee

Elvee Gold IL'ite

Thyroid problem need not be hereditary. It happens because of heavy tension. or depression.

3. rmorris

rmorris New IL'ite

Am short of the correct words actually, cant express my delight having found so much information on thyroid at one go which I was looking for as it is not good to hear so many of you are dealing with the same problem. My mom has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism last September and as I had little idea of the thyroid and its associated causes effects etc. thought to make searches and find out.
    The thing that is good about most of you is you all have managed to cope with it well and have not given up the battle without resisting it. In any case I have learned quite a bit about the thing I wanted to know hope I can pass these info to my mom and make her feel somewhat better, she is so tensed now.

4. SUE

SUE New IL'ite

Hi, I was also diagnosed with underactive thyroid about 2 years ago. My hair was falling out alot for some years and I had alot of stress in my life. I was very forgetful and get easily depressed and emotional. Most of my syptoms now seem to be under control after taking the medication from my doctor. The only problem is, my hair is still very thin and falls alot. I have tried so many things including oils etc but no luck. Does anyone know how I can help my hair to become stronger and grow back. Thanks

5. sathipriya

sathipriya New IL'ite

Dear Padmiyangar,
    Thank you so much for the information. I had been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and taking levothyroxine medicine for the past 1year.You provided an excellent information it was very useful. thank you again :coffee

6. nikky90

nikky90 Junior IL'ite

Hi
    I know some one who has the same problem of thyroid and she has only one child thats a boy, she wants one girl more.I wana ask a question here, does the thyroid has any effect on baby production? whenever she sees any baby girl she becomes so happy and longs for a baby girl. i don't know what docters says, but i heard that she can't have any baby because of thyroid. is that correct?

7. Hemakamya

Hemakamya New IL'ite

hi, even i was diagonised with hypo thyroid 6 months back. i know the main cause is stress, family tensions. i was losing lot of hair, getting emotional for nothing , was felling low for weeks at a stretch. nothing was helping.
    i am on thyronorm75mcg, hair fall is reduced. but now witht the walking for 3-5 kms, i am having a nagging pain in my left knee. so much so that i cant move an inch sometimes...it subsides after a few minutes.

i just want to know from you if it is because of this medicine. my doc did tell me to put a hold on baby making process.
    its a wonder how a small gland can play havoc with our body and life.

regards
    hems

8. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

hi

even am losing lot of hair now-a-days...am taking levothyroxine - 75mcg for the past 4 months. For the past 2 weeks the hair fall is really really high and its something abnormal. Even I didn't lose weight also :-( And for the past 2 months my periods are irregular... Do I need to consult the doctor again ?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  9. rinky9888

rinky9888 New IL'ite

Thyroid hormones regulate our body's metabolism. Thyroid hormones influence virtually every organ system in the body. They tell organs how fast or slow they should work. Thyroid hormones also regulate the consumption of oxygen and the production of heat. Thyroid problems, such as an overactive or underactive thyroid, can severely affect metabolism.

10. work

work New IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

I have also been diagnosed as hypothyroid a month ago..i am very much scared but i cannot change what happened i can only change what is about to happen..so i can take care from now so that my condition doesn't get worse.I wanted to know from all of u ilites what is ur diet(indian stye)...doctor told me to go on low-carb,low-fat,low-sugar diet...but if this is the case i feel like i have only very few options..like

1.eating rice as less as possible
    2.eating juwar flour
    3.ragi flour
    4.roti
    5.fruits and vegetables

If u can give me more options that will really help me

Take care
    prathima