Thulasi

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Katakam123, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Katakam123

Katakam123 Silver IL'ite

Hi

i set up a thulasi Maadam in October this year, the first day I lighted the thulasi, but from second day onward my mil started to do( she do it before I could do) plus I can't light it when havin period, thulasi is starting to dry up and become black.

I bought a new sand to replace it with new one. But some people are saying thulasi should be light by married woman otherwise it will die ( mil is a widow) . Please confirm if mil can continue to light it.

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

In my opinion God doesn't mind married or widow . Do you know the story of old Sabari who offered tasted fruits to Lord Raama? Just read this link pleasehttp://udaypai.in/?page_id=695. .check the other reasons for dried up Thulasi plant.

3. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Seriously those people need to be educated..... it's just a plant and there is no such restriction ....... in UK it's really hard to grow tulasi plant and that to in winter... if possible keep near window sil where it can get some sun light otherwise it is hard no matter what sand you put and all that.