1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thulasi, apple juice - for 3 months old baby

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by wazap, Dec 2, 2011.

1. wazap

wazap Junior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

My LO is 3months old in a week time from now... she is having cold n caugh due to cold weather... Dr prescribed some tonic n i gave her but still she is having cold... my mom is telling me to give Thulasi charu few drops mixed with milk/water.... my mom is telling me to start some juice like apple/orange juice mixed with water... is it ok to give these to her now? infact my mom tried orange drops with my LO when i was not at home, my LO enjoyed seems... but scolded my mom not to give baby direct juice without adding water...

2. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

Hello Wazap,

Its a very small baby and hence usually doctor wont prescribe any tonics at this stage, but still if its suffers so much, they will be prescribing lesser dosages & and that will take some one or 2 stretch of weeks to settle down.Dont worry, babies do develop immune system, just buy some NASAL ASPIRATOR to suck out if any cold runs out at the tip of the nose (Dont insert too much also, just a speedy air suck-up will help it to breathe better).

Coming to the juices, its better to ask your doctor once...Because, if your kid has any Wheezing difficulties you should avoid giving them citrus based juices, it will develop the cold and it will not help to lessen the cold at all, in fact it will increase the cold for the infants.

Visit your pediatrics often to make the baby to get rid of its cold. You can try "Thulasi charu", but that too you should know the dosage measurements.