1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thriller: The Ultimate Choice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamrakshar, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Mistt for your nice comment! Yes, what is the plan, and how is he abducting from different places with ease are the unanswered questions till now.

Mistt likes this.
  2. Tamrakshar

Episode 16

"Hello! I am Chan. I am from Singapore. I was working in a massage parlour. One night, I was sleeping in my room, and when I woke up, I found myself here. I, too, have been in solitary confinement since my arrival here. What's your story?"

"Same! I, too, was kidnapped in my hometown. But, please tell me how can we escape from here? You guys have been here for some time, I guess. Have you thought of any way of escaping?"

Roger poured water from the jug to the glasses, and said, "First, you guzzle as much as water as possible, and gulp as many bananas as you can. A lot more work to do before lunch."

He followed up his words by guzzling 3 glasses of water in no time. Then he took off the peels of 6 bananas in a flash, and swallowed them quickly.

Rajan was disappointed, as he didn't get the answer he was seeking. But, he too, followed them by drinking and eating. It took about to 5 minutes for Roger to complete his breakfast. Then he opened his mouth,

"This is a very tough place man! Do you see me? I am 6' 6", 140 kg. I have the power of a lion but, I can run like a cheetah. One day, I saw no one guarding here. So, I ran fast, very fast, to flee. No one was following me. I reached the precincts of this place, which is roughly 1 km from here in less than 5 minutes. This place is surrounded by a 10 feet wall. But that height is no big deal for me. I had been a very good athelete. I could jump more than 6 feet with ease, and here all I had to do was to jump only 2 feet to reach the wall. But, as I jumped..."

He couldn't complete, as peals of a bell could be heard for 3 times, and his face turned pale.

"Go back quickly to your work place, else they will beat the crap out of you."

He and the Asian guy ran to their respective places of work. That was the first working day for Rajan. Besides, he was constantly thinking about what happened to Roger next! Why an athletic guy like Roger could not escape this place?"

Rajan was sure from the nature of the trees and the soil that this place was in India. The soil was alluvial in nature. That meant that it was somewhere near a river. Where it could be, and how come the police were completely unaware of the unlawful activities happening here. Rajan was sure that his relatives would report his kidnapping to the police. He wondered why police could not find him so far!

His brooding took him a lot of time and he reached the work place after 10 minutes of ringing of the bell. When he reached there, he was shocked to see a pair of handcuffs in the hand of the Bengali, from his accent it was evident, masked man. As soon as Rajan arrived, he kicked Rajan in the gut with force.

"Oh my God!" Rajan was gasping and writhing in pain on the ground. But, that heartless guy quickly handcuffed him, and started to beat him with his legs. He kicked Rajan at least 10 times before saying,

"This place belongs to the Joker, and he respects punctuality more than anything else in the universe. Before you perish, you have to obey the orders, and you have to be on time every occasion. Do you understand, you bonehead?"

"Yes, yes! I understand! Please stop beating me."

Rajan could not take anymore.

The guy released him, and said, " 15 minutes to recover. Start working again."

Rajan had to work for 2 more hours in the garden before lunch. After lunch, he was again assigned household works like sweeping and cleaning an entire 1500 square feet floor. He was then assigned to wash clothes and finally he had to clean a huge stack of utensils. At 6-30 PM, the masked man said,

"It's over for the day. Now you can rest. See you tomorrow at 6 AM."

When Rajan was selected for the IIT, his father broke the news to the family. Before today, that was the sweetest news that Rajan had ever got in his entire life. But, when the masked guy uttered those words, Rajan found them to be the real sweetest news he had ever heard. Every muscle in his body was sore and fatigued. Somehow, he managed to stay on his own feet. He thanked God for this miracle.

But, when he entered his secluded room, he simply fell on the carpet of the floor like a lifeless object. He would have stayed there for eons, had it been his wish. But, withing half an hour, another masked man entered his room with a glass of milk and few medicines. He was ordered to quickly consume them. One of the medicine, Rajan saw, was a painkiller. Generally, he avoided that medicine, as he read that it was not good for heart in the long run. But on that day Rajan was thankful to the Joker for sending it.

Today, Rajan noted that the masked guy didn't take the normal route. He was taken in the opposite direction of the garden. Rajan saw an agricultural field blooming with gorgeous yellow mustard flowers. The north-eastern wind was caressing the flowers, and it appeared from their sway that they were dancing in enjoyment. Rajan, being residing in the USA for many years, was not feeling any cold in this early February. All he was concerned about was his fate!

They walked on the narrow path inside the field. The field was quite large, and almost square in shape. At the end of the agricultural field, Rajan saw a football ground. From the well-trimmed lush green grasses, Rajan understood that it was well maintained. Apart from two goal posts and white lines associated with the game of football, Rajan espied that there were white lines along the side of the ground which indicated it was used as an athletics track.

"Welcome to the tracks! Are you a good athlete? Can you run fast?"

Rajan throat constricted. Despite being born and brought up in a village area, Rajan had never been a good athlete. He was good at sudies, and since his early childhood, he understood that he had to carry the burden of his family. So, sports was the last thing in his mind.

The next episode will be published on Saturday night

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I thought of joker was doing all these things to unite Rajan & Archana until 15th episode. I am clue less about story after reading captured of African American and Chan from different places. Hats off to your fictional narrative skills.

Riverstream and Tamrakshar like this.
  4. Riverstream

Riverstream Bronze IL'ite

Superb narration and you superb grip. But when will you bring the rescuer?

Tamrakshar likes this.
  5. Tamrakshar

The Joker is an evil man. Someone has to contain this evil guy.

Mistt likes this.
  6. Tamrakshar

Yes, I also think there has to be someone to defeat the evil Joker.

Riverstream likes this.
  7. katchibinanda

katchibinanda New IL'ite

?

8. Tamrakshar

The horse has bolted.

katchibinanda likes this.
  9. Tamrakshar

Episode 17

Therefore, Rajan didn't say much, and only nodded his head from side to side indicating a negative answer.

"Ha Ha Ha Ha! Then you have got a big problem! Do you see the tracks? Today, your first job is to run along the tracks 10 times. No time limit for this task. Take your position. When I whistle, start running. The condition is that you can't stop before running 10 times."

"If I fail, what happens?"

Being absolutely inconfident of his own running abilities, the question came out spontaneously like a burp.

"Ha ha ha ha ! 10 kicks for every break you take, and these kicks will be the kicks of these leather boots. "

The ruthless Bengali guy pointed his index fingure to his size 12 leather boots in a very rude manner.

He didn't give much time to Rajan to compose either.

"On your marks." He said in a stentorian tone indicating Rajan to take position behind the starting line. With heavily beating heart and trembling feet, Rajan went there. He prayed to the God to help him to pass this seemingly impossible job.

"Ready, steady, go", the masked guy blew the whistle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archana was blindfolded, and taken to a place which she guessed from the movement and time taken by the lift, was the first or second floor of this frigging house. When she was allowed to open her eyes, she was taken aback to see the Joker in person. Her eyes popped out in astonishment. The place was the large open ground floor area of the mansion. This place was meant for parking of cars. But, Archana could see only a couple of them, a white-metallic Land Rover and a silver Jaguar XG, parked at a distance from the place where the Joker was sitting on a wheel chair.

Archana had always been a mediocre person; her marks had never crossed the 75% barrier. Before her marriage she was dependent on her father and her elder brother, and after marriage it was her husband Rajan who took all the responsibilities of outdoor works. Though she protested vehemently when she was accused of being unsmart by Rajan, in her heart she knew that Rajan was not entirely wrong. But, in this difficult situation, when life seemed to very cruel to her, she had to shrug off the baggage of dorkiness. Whether purposefully or not she didn't know, the place was very dimly lit. It was not easy to see things distinctly.

Archana observed that the Joker was surrounded by 2 gunned masked men in his front and 2 at his back. They were equipped with the most modern lethal weapons in the world: M4A1 and MK2. From the tall, muscular structure of the men, Archana was pretty sure, as she had observed in the US over the years, the guys were black mercenaries. There was another masked lady in complete black, who was standing beside the Joker, her right hand resting on the wheel chair. She was holding a belt in her left hand.

The Joker, even though he was in a sitting position, looked like a very plump, short, old, around 75, man. He was wearing a brown leather jacket, black pant, and his hands were covered with black gloves. He was wearing a mask of a typical joker, white face, tomato red bulbous nose and thick red lips.

"Good evening! Welcome to your third test! Are you ready?"

The voice didn't seem that nasal as it appeared in earlier occasions. From his accent, Archana could not guess much. Surely, it was not an American accent, but it could be either British or Indian.

Archana's mind was full of spite for this weird guy, as he had been torturing her and Rajan for the last fortnight. In the house, Archana could not even think bad of this guy. Whenever she thought of something evil about the Joker, there was clatter of some metal objects nearby, or someone clunked outside her room, and every time Archana had to nip the thought in bud. Now that she was outside and the light being very dim, she didn't bridle the evil thought that came instantly in her mind. She thought of strangulating him with her bare hands. She gasped immediately apprehending about the reaction.

But, nothing happened. The Joker seemed to have smiled, and in a calm voice said,

"I am a man of my word. Have no doubt in your mind about the promise I made. Freedom is awaiting you as soon as you pass the remaining tests. But make no mistake about the fact that each test is very tough."

Archana interjected impatiently, " What do I have to do now?"

"Patience my dear! You will surely get to know about your task very soon. But, before that you need to listen something that will help you to accomplish the job."

Even in this precarious situation, a gush of laughter came spontaneously on Archana's lips. The Joker wanted to help her! Devuda! Somehow, she controlled herself, and focussed on Joker's words.

Today, the Joker seemed to be totally ignorant of Archana's thoughts, as he continued,

"You have to win pain to pass this test. I just want to educate you one or two things about how to overcome pain."

Archana again gasped, thinking what pain the Joker was talking about.

"Look at your left side."

That far Archana hadn't looked at her left at all. She turned her head, and she saw something strange. There was a raised platform of some ceramic material placed on the floor of the ground. The area of the platform was around 15'x15'.

"That place will be covered with singeing coal. All you have to do is to walk the 15' bare foot. It's not a big deal, I promise." There was a sense of assurance in the Joker's voice. It appeared that he assumed that walking on burning coals was Archana's hobby!

"What?" Archana shrieked. Archana might not be over sensitive to pain, but walking on burning coals? Archana could not even think of that

"You are bound by your oath, which you made in the name of your God, to obey my orders. If you disobey not only you invite the ire of your God for disrespecting him, but also you will be given harsher punishment than walking on singed coals." This time the Joker's voice sounded pretty ruthless.

"What punishment?" Archana asked.

"Look at the lady standing on my left. She has no heart in her body. She will peel off your skin with the belt that you can see is on her left hand." The Joker announced the spine-chilling words with unmistakable glee.

Archana understood that she had no other option but to pass the test.

The next episode will be published on Wednesday night

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Scary episode and don't understand about what this joker is going to get with these dreadful tests. I think both Rajan and Archana will pass those tests because desire for freedom can do anything.

Riverstream and Tamrakshar like this.