1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thrilled to became a student again.

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by ganges, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

I was the first person to enter Archana Academy on one wednesday. I heard about them for giving coaching for screen printing on fabric. With all the encouragement from my hus and children, I decided to attend the two days course at kodambakkam. It was 9 AM and the girl in the reception told the class will start at 10 AM only.

I felt very odd to be there in this age (53). Next one young couple came and sat beside me. They stared at me and started kus kusing to each other. When it was 9.45 am many people came but I didnt find anybody of my age. I felt very nervous and bored. The reception girl gave some form to all of us and asked to fill in and pay the fee. Thus some time passed without me realising it. At 10 AM the girl showed us a room and asked us to go and sit there. Immediately I saw one lady entering the room with some grey hair and I was visibly very happy to stand and ask her to sit beside me. After that I felt little ease and just before the class starts, another lady seems to be elder than both of us came. When the teacher came and started describing the course , I just forget my age and felt like a true student. Thanks to the other lady who came last.

At the end of the course on the next day evening , we all felt very friendly towards each other irrespective of our age and thanks to my family to made me a student again.

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Dear Ganges,

Learning is a continuous process.

Your story re-emphasizes that fact.

The moment we are born we learnt to breath.

Never did anybody teach us to breathe.

When we leave this world when we are awake & in full sense, till the moment of our last breath, there is somehing to be learnt. But what we learnt at that last moment can not be put to use.

There is no age limit to learn.

The Attitude to learn is the key.

Good to know your experience & you realized that you were not the odd one out.

This message of yours gives us an opportunity to shed the limiting factors within ourself to learn something new.

Let's keep the learning habbit going on & on.....

One learning point to you as well - why did this surface in the Poems Section instead of the Snippets Section?:bonk

Hope the moderator moves it to the right section.

Let's keep learning together.

Do keep writing.

3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Hi nats,
    good morning. Thankyou very much for giving the first fb. Asusual you are very generous to appriciate others. Yes friend. Eventhough I know that we are learning daily directly or indirectly, I felt little embarassed there. Now when realising that, I feel silly. I didnt know how to change the section. While posting the thread, I will take care further. Thanks for this new point. Let us all learn.

ganges

4. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Hi fellow Ilites,

I am sure some of you became a student after marriage, after some age etc. I welcome you to share your experiences in this thread. I hope that will help to prove that there is no age bar for learning.

ganges

5. veni_mohan75

veni_mohan75 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Gangaji,

First of all i am sorry for calling you by name without knowing your age. :bowdown:bowdown

We all will be in the process learning day by day till the end of our life. Each and everybody in this world are still students. I can understand your feelings at that time. You made me to feel that as if i were in the academy on the said day. That's a nice write up.

6. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear veni,

First no need for any apology. I feel more young and energetic when you call me ganges. I was working as accountant in Greenpeace International at Banglore three years back ( when I was 50 ). There the custom is from top to bottom that is ED to peon irrespective of age or designation, we have to call each other by name only. No bossing at all. I really liked the environment there. So dont worry dear. Badilaga oru azhagana kavidai thandal podum.

ganges

7. veni_mohan75

veni_mohan75 Platinum IL'ite

அன்புள்ள ரசிகமணி கங்கா,

டலை போன்றது உங்கள் மனம்
    ங்கையை போன்றது உங்கள் குணம்
    காற்றை போன்றது உங்கள் பின்னூட்டம் எனக்கு தினம்

தாங்கள் ரசித்து கருத்து சொல்லும் விதம் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடிக்கும். தங்கள் பின்னூட்டம் படிக்க அதை விட பிடிக்கும்.

8. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Ganges,

nice post. Yeah the feeling of being a student is great.

There is so much to learn in the ocean of life. Each day teaches us something for sure. Lets make use of the learnings and wherever necessary unlearn what is learnt and live our life to its fullest.

At office too, during training sessions, I have enjoyed and got the same feeling as u shared.

Love
    Soldier

9. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear soldier,

Beautiful FB. Many many thanks. very truely said that each day teaches us something new. Till we stop learning of anything, we are students.

ganges

10. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Thankyou veni,

for your beautiful quick kavidai.

love
    ganges