1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Three long days without my Dream Girl

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

My dream girl happens to be Renuka ,the maid.Two days back I was in a hurry to go to my office and saw renuka coming earlier than usual.Thanking my lucky stars ,started my instructions thick and fast to her.Renuka interrupted me and dropped a bombshell saying "amma i need 3 days leave".I thought my eyes are playing tricks and afraid to repeat her words to her for confirmation cursing my deafness for this.Ya, it sure comes in handy for any upset to my routine.Gives me a valid excuse to feel miserable too .When i am already suffering with this ailment , why do i have to face some more?Sometimes i feel God gifted me this ailment just to get back at others.Oops i am digressing.
    Then with shivers down my spine i asked her for the reason and pat came her reply that she is going to visit a sick relative.Hopes surging up i tried to tell her it need not be 3 days and can she cut the trip short say as in one day or so.she said she wanted to take her children later to a cousin's house because of school holidays.Now that struck me dumb .The loving (?)mother i am , i agreed with her and went to office with a hangdog expression.
    As if itsn't enough ,my DH started breathing fire about my late arrival and asked me a miriad questions regarding client details and such and how irresponsible i am for forgetting to send the faxes .I reprimanded myself for expecting my DH to read my feelings and console me by telling myself"Grow up woman ,he is a husband after all.how can you ever expect consolation from him?" Poor little wife .* sniff *sniff.

2. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Hello Deafwoman,

Hope you managed those days without your dreamgirl :thumbsup
    And yeah, after all they are DH, they wont understand tough situations ....:hide:

3. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Buddy,

Realistic expressions, well narrated by you.

Missing our dream girl, having a soft corner(most of them taking advantage of that is a different story altogether) and hubby's reaction, everything at its best.

The days without the dream girls can be counted as 'Yug's, atleast in India. It is manageable here.

4. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

Namasthe!! Meeru telugu vaarainandhuku chaala santoshanga vundhi..:)

Nenu okkasari surprise ayyanu meeru dreamgirl ani title lo pedithe..edhenty naa username kadha dreamgirl ani anukunnanu..

After reading your post I came to know very well about your dreamgirl..:thumbsup

Hugs,
    dg..

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sweetie
    Nice to read about your dreamgirl........haha
    I thought you might have written about your daughter or something but lol it was your housemaid.
    Once you are used to them I know you become so handicap without them.
    But here is it managable without them we hardly get them here :cry:so have to do it on your own, you want it or not.........

6. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear co-ILite,

It is indeed a catastrophe when the maid fails to turn up! Everything is thrown out of gear, tempers flare up, it's like the end of the world! More so when we keep waiting and hoping that something has held them up, they will turn up, let's give them another half-hour, ....so we're neither here nor there. We have to tackle the dirty dishes piled up in kitchen sink, Thank God for the washing-machine and drier. So what if the house is unswept for a day, chalega.

Now we have a rule at home. The housework has to be shared, so it gets done in a jiffy. And the best part is that we do a take-away dinner. What if the maid takes a longish break, did you say? Well, then along with sharing the work, we take turns to cook and have a lot of fun, each one trying to dish out culinary delicacies...

Necessity is the mother of invention, as someone said...

Padma

7. uma84

uma84 New IL'ite

hi

Excellent write up! Maid okkaroju raakapothe ela untundo....chala baga describe chesaru...tats really enjoyable...hope u could survive those three days...

rgds
    Uma

8. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear bujji,oviya,dreamgirl,padmasrinivasa,arunaarc and uma,
    Thanks for your fbs.Took me this long to recover from the ordeal of missing my dream girl:hide:.hence the late reply.sorry girls
    woman

9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Good write up. Good to know you manged without her.

love
    viji

10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I know, there are these days when nothing appears to work. Or, as one recalls from Hamlet, "When sorrows come, they come in battalions!"

:(

oj