Thread specific editing privileges

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Gauri03, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Is it possible for a user to get thread-specific editing privileges? This is with regards to the "Let's Fire Up Those Neurons" thread. I realize this an extraordinary request, but it would immensely improve user-experience on the thread. We are currently at 2000+ posts with new users joining nearly everyday. An indexed list of puzzles and their solutions attached to the original post will allow these users to access older content and improve puzzle-play in general.

I would appreciate unlimited editing privileges to that thread. If not possible, it would be nice if a moderator or admin could volunteer to add such a list, keeping in mind that new puzzles are added every few days and the list will need continuous updating.

Thanks!

5 people like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I suggest the author of http://www.indusladies.com/forums/e...growth/258242-lets-fire-up-those-neurons.html thread be given the right to maintain an index like "Finest Forum Index". I strongly suggest image puzzles could be arranged by month since the inception of the thread along with answers to the puzzle. There is enormous activity in this puzzle with new ILites joining regularly and it is important to keep their interest alive.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

This sounds pretty much like a one-thread (rather than forum) moderator privilege. Fairly simple, yes? I think it's a good idea.

1 person likes this.
  4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Hello Mods and powers that be!

My +1 to Op's request!

Take my case - due to some unavoidable personal reasons I was MIA for the last 2 weeks or so. I left off when the thread was around page 232. In the intervening time, the thread pages have increased far beyond that, with god knows how many new puzzles which I would like to have a chance to solve without accidentally seeing the others answers or guesses.

It would be so convenient to have an index page which lists all the puzzles by name which I can refer to, and get an idea of which point to jump back in. At the present time such an option not being available kind of hinders participation by members like me who participate enthusiastically whenever they get time but unable to do so on a regular basis.

3 people like this.
  5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03,

First of all, thank you very much for starting such a great thread as 'Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!' for this community. Especially keeping it going unimaginably interesting to-date for the enthusiastic participants, who have only been increasing ever since the day this got started (almost a year-and-half now)!!

Dear all,

Coming to thread-specific editing/moderating privilege, unfortunately it isn't going to be technically possible. These privileges are granted/restricted only at the forum-level.

However, give us sometime to explore what alternate options we have here. Will be back!

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you! I had anticipated the answer, but it never hurts to ask. :) Knowing our ingenious bunch of neurites, I'm sure we'll figure a way out of this puzzle too.