Thread for KG1admission 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Jun 26, 2013.

1. homemaker

homemaker Platinum IL'ite

Hi amarbuvana,is the sharjah TIA is cbse??Here in dubai The Indian Academy is ICSE curriculum...In dubai they are doing really good.. but i dont know about sharjah..

2. homemaker

homemaker Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya hope you are in fb grp...

3. amarbuvana

amarbuvana New IL'ite

Hi ZaiRai,

Me also considering the same factor. If I put him in gems, he has to travel earlier.
    0563666572 & 0527256109 (these nos are in the banner). No landline no.

4. amarbuvana

amarbuvana New IL'ite

Yes. it is CBSE. i also read the reviews abt Dubai one.But some websites saying it is renamed from Al Majd Indian school . they closed it bcoz of KHDA report (unsatisfactory). The another one school (Apple intenational) belongs to the same group also rated as unsatisfatory. Last year it is improved and rated as acceptable.so i am thinking.

5. Priya9S

Priya9S New IL'ite

Yes Annam, I hv joined the grp... thanks :)

6. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

Thanks Amar. Kids are so difficult to wake up and make them ready when pick up time is very early. My elder KG2 kid's going by 6:10 to IIS. IIS by the way didn't admit the younger kid due to age, she'll only be 3.4 on April next year. Some kids in my building attending KGS are going 5:50am :confused2: There's a Millennium kid too, but I don't see her in morning, so she's going later I assume, but she comes before 12. Hoping to pass by this school next coming weeks to check it out.

Our Own English School is also near Maisaloon, and they are going later and coming still earlier. Registered elder kid for 1st Grade, though we'll only know if we can go ahead the admission on March. If she gets admission she'll transfer there.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  7. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    today I went for a school tour of indian academy sharjah and there got a confirmation on the news that the ministry have given a circular regarding the entry age to be 3.8 yrs two days back and now it is confirmed that the guideline has been issued.

As for the tour the indian academy shj is cbsi curriculum. the campus is ok. the fee structure which they told us was 900 pm without transportation for kg1-kg2, 1000Gr1-gr3.1100 Gr4-6. annual other fee 1500 once, registration 600, admission fee 500.
    and this school belongs to the same group who has apple international, oxford and indian academy Dubai.

8. amarbuvana

amarbuvana New IL'ite

hi
    gems opened for admission. but not for kg1.

9. gialexan

gialexan New IL'ite

Hi All,

Gems Millennium has given the age criteria as
    Age Criteria for online registration

1. KG1 minimum 3.8 years on 1st April 2014 and maximum 4.11 by 1st April 2014.
    2. KG2 minimum 4.8 years on 1st April 2014 and maximum 5.11 by 1st April 2014.
    3. Grade 1 minimum 5.8 years on 1st April 2014 and maximum 6.11 by 1st April 2014

Also from nursery we came to know that Gems Millennium has received the New Age Limit Circular from the ministry.

10. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

This is what also what other schools say when called them for admission. Now having second thoughts of transferring my KG 2 for Grade 1 in another CBSE school, as she will only be 5.8 on 31st of April. I think that for transferring her now it would be better in a September opening school as by then she would be 6 exact.Anyhow, wait and see, as they might give concessions that she had already finished KG1 and KG2 on April next year.