1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts On "hey Sinamika"

Discussion in 'Movies' started by TheCupid, Mar 11, 2022.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

I tried to watch it! But the starting where it’s a storm and diquar and aiditi meet was kind of boring so I switched it off! Psst

Thyagarajan and Caide like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Since time is precious and effort is required to spent it productively and so to use it judiciously reviews are sought from media and of course from near & dear or like minded pals.

There was a time my friend & I used to see besides Tamil, Hindi & English cinemas . We used collect from platform vendors second-hand Cine magazine called “ picture post “ in which one can read details of Hindi cinema with synopsis of story in English.

During those days Hindi releases in north India and would be screened only after few months in Then Madras now Chennai. Whenever my friend & I decide to see the new release Hindi movie, we carry the particular “picture post” in which story and review available andrush to theatre if review read we liked.

But today we get all information desirable and undesirables online about new movies released followed by teasers in UT & media.

anika987 likes this.
  3. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Ha ha.. You are not alone. Even I felt the same. But I was in a theater so no way. But please sit with some patience to wait for those secenes to pass, you will not regret much :grimacing::tearsofjoy:

anika987 likes this.
  4. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Hey Friends…

Here it goes…

My review on “Hey Sinamika”

Starring: Dulquer Salmaan, Kajal Aggarwal, Aditi Rao Hydari, Nakshathra Nagesh

Director: Brinda

Music Director: Govind Vasantha

Cinematography : Preetha Jayaraman

Editor: Radha Sridhar

Firstly I would appreciate the Team of Women (Director, Cinematographer and Editor ) for having taken beautiful efforts in giving a visual treat to our eyes. Dulquer Salman’s choice of films is always unique.

This movie is an adaptation of a famous Korean Movie – “All about my Wife”.

Story:

Yaazhan (Dulquer Salman) and Mouna(Aditi Rao) are a couple. Yaazhan as his name indicates, keeps on talking non-stop. He is extremely caring, over-sweet and possessive.

Mouna, hardly takes any serious efforts in making him understand his boundaries. She plans with her colleagues to do few things by which she can divorce her clingy husband. But all the efforts go useless.

Fed up with him, she approaches a psychologist named Malar (Kajal Aggarwal) and asks her to seduce her husband and make him fall for her so that she can take divorce citing disloyalty.

But Malar falls in love with Yaazhan and creates more problems. What will Yaazhan do? Will he fall for Malar? or leave Mouna? That forms the rest of the story.

Plus Points:

· The Casting. Dulquer and Aditi are the best choices for this movie. They have done their parts pretty good. Dulquer didn’t have much to do with emotions for almost 70% of the film, he is quite subdued but makes it up in few scenes and in the last half an hour. Aditi is the show-stealer. She looked beautiful but the way she showcased emotions was way more beautiful.

· Dialogues by Madan Karky – Makes you laugh, smile, feel good / bad and think…. All good

· For presenting it as a decent watch, as if the script / screenplay is slightly mishandled, the movie would have become vulgar.

Minus Points:

· Technically, the director and the writer could have worked on the initial scenes of the movie where Yaazhan and Mouna fall in love.

· The basic drawback of the film is there is no bonding between the couple.

· Aditi wanting to leave her husband is projected in a funny manner that looks weird and has no strong conflict.

· Kajal Agarwal as Malar did her part, but I personally felt she doesn’t fit to the character much. The way her character comes into the picture is showcased in a silly manner.

Technical Aspects:

· Good Music

· Good Cinematography

· Editing could have been better; some scenes in the first half of the movie could have been chopped off.

· Good Set designing

· An okish directorial debut

· A week script with an okish screenplay

Throughout the movie, I personally enjoyed the house interiors, choice of colours, the gardens, the flowers, etc which gave a breezy feel to the movie. I must say Govind's music was perfect and loved all the songs and the background score.

Verdict:

On the whole, Hey Sinamika is a watchable romantic drama that’s nice to your eyes, pleasant to your ears but hits hard on your brains.

My Perspectives:

Well, I disagree with the main essence of the movie. If I say it here, it may be a spoiler for those who are yet to watch the movie. So as far as now, I will wait to hear from you people…

If you have already watched the movie, keep commenting what did the couple lacked? What could have been done actually? What could not have been done?

Pour in your comments friends….

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.