1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thought after "Phone calls from Iyerviji"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by deepa10, Jan 10, 2012.

1. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am a beginner to this blogs and writing. And out of some interest and curiosity, I have landed here. This can be my first ever blog/post written!! Thanks to IL for giving me this courage encouragement and chance! And Please bear with me and give me suggestions on how to improve my skills.

I was going thru the post by "Iyerviji" about the Phone calls made to people with same name but different number. Then i remembered an incident which happened in my previous office. I had a good friend, lets call her as "N". And a team mate,, lets call her "V". This friend of mine "N" always has this habit of pulling V's leg in front of all our team members. We used to laugh and leave it. It happened almost daily and we never thought V was taking it in a wrong sense.

We were having a tea break and N receives a message from V. It says "I cant tolerate the activity of N. I am not sure how to stop her from teasing me. She is a real monkey and I wish i could slap her". N was so shocked after reading this and showed all of us and then we realized that V sent to N by mistake instead of sending it to her room mate. V also realized it later and sent a "SORRY" message to N. Oh God, what a fun we had. I can never forget those days and from then I am very careful when I am messaging someone!! :rotfl

3 people like this.

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear deepa,
    A funny incident the effect of mistaken identity !!! Nicely narrated. Here I want to share my experience .
    I had two friends by the same name. One used to supply nighties to me. One day, I sent amessage" You are not picking up the cell that is why this message. Please I want 10 nighties". After sometime, I got a call asking me " Hi why are you asking me to send nighties i have never done this before. Then only I realized I have sent the message to the wrong person.Then explained the matter to her. We had a hearty laugh.
    with love
    pad

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Good one Deepa and a hearty welcome to you in snippets. Do join in regularly and you are sure to enjoy yourself.:)

The Incident you quoted, though it was a case of mistaken identity it served the purpose..it did put an end to N's teasing of V,right?:)

1 person likes this.
  4. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

:) It not only ended N's teasing, they both stopped talking to each other.. That was a sad part... Anyway thanks so much for reading and responding..! :)

5. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Hi Padmini,

That is so nice of you to share your experience... Thanks for your response! :)

Deepa

6. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

LOL ! All incidents were funny. I have not sent any mistaken identity phone calls or SMS s. But like a stupid, once I made mistake of sending a letter to wrong person totally. Not even same name. It happened like this. I had written a note for my friend with some general gossip about some common friends. My husband had written to the housing loan department clerk . There was also a greeting card to be sent for a nephew. So husband said, " send this letter" and went off. Usually I only put address, stamp etc on envelopes and post letters always. So that day also, watching T.V. , I finished putting all in envelopes, wrote address, put stamp and posted.
    Only the greeting card was in correct cover. The other two letters got mixed up. My friend just laughed. I don't know what that clerk thought of me and my husband !

3 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Deepa, that was a good laugh. Just wish they could have laughed over it too and made up.

8. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Ha ha.. :) that's real funny.. Thanks for sharing swarna..

9. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Yea satchi.. We tried to help them patch up, but it did not happen!! :-(
    Anyway thanks so much for responding.... I have always admired your way of writing!! :)

10. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

That's funny one Deepa. I did that few times too. All the while thinking of the person whom I am gossiping about I would send the message to the same person, instead of the one whom I meant to send the message originally. And I would never realise the mistake until I was caught redhanded... !!! Its good to know that I am not alone in this... :) Enjoyed reading this snippet. Keep writing and share many fun stories with us... :)

ILT