Thotakaashtakam In English Font With Meaning

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by sunkan, May 28, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

HAI FRIENDS HERE IS THE ASHTAKAM ON SHANKARAACHARYA BY HIS SHISHYA, THOTAKA ACHARYA...CHARU'S REQUEST FOR THIS SLOKA..SUNKAN

The ocean Water of Shaasthras One, who has done Vyakyanam or commentaries on the Upanishads I bear the pure, Lotus Feet in my heart and think about it (Kalaye) I am (Me) doing charanagathy to the Lotus feet of Sri Shankara Deshika

I praise the ocean of compassion Please protect me as my heart is in deep sorrow as a result of the ocean of births Please bless me to understand all the schools of Thathva Darshanam or philosophy I am (Me) doing charanagathy to the Lotus feet of Sri Shankara Deshika

Lots of masses of people (who are samsaaris) are delighted by you , You are the one, who has the great intellect with the knowledge of Self-Inquiry as Pure consciousness Please present me the divine knowledge of Ishwara Jeeva Vivekam! I am doing sharanaagadhi to the lotus feet of Sri Shankara Deshika

The knowledge of non-duality and one-ness of the Self (Bhava) and the Supreme (Bhavaa-Nidhi) in my heart. Makes endless bliss to be born in my heart. Please protect me from the waters of the ocean of my lust (mama MOHA Maha varidhi jhalam). I am (Mey) doing charanagathy to the Lotus feet of Sri Shankara Deshika

Just because of the sukrutham or good deeds doen in abundance (adhi krtuhe) in all the directions your connection is blessed as a result of which, Jeeva Easwara equality (Sama Darshanam) is blessed. lease protect this extremely helpless one(Athi dheenam) I am (Mey) doing charanagathy to the Lotus feet of Sri Shankara Deshika.

For the sake of protecting the world. Great Souls assume the different forms and wander in disguise. Among all those wandering monks,Sri Bagavathpaadha shines like the Sun. I am (Mey) doing charanagathy to the Lotus feet of Sri Shankara Deshika

One who is the best of all the best teachers, One who is none to equal his intellect One who protects the refugees and who is the source (Nidhi) of all the philosophies (Tathva Nidhi). I am (Mey) doing charanagathy to the Lotus feet of Sri Shankara Deshika

Not a single branch of knowledge, I have understood completely Not the least wealthy do I possess.Please bestow your natural graces( Krupaam Sahajaam) on me. I am (Mey) doing charanagathy/ surrender to the Lotus feet of Sri Shankara Deshika

Ithi Sri Paramahamsa Parivraajaka Acharyasya Sri Shankara Bagavathpaadha Pooja Shishyasya Sri Thotakachaarya Krutham Sri Thotakashtakam Sampoornam
    Anyatha Sharanam Nashti Thvameva Sharanam Mama Tasmath karunya Bhaavena Jagadachaarya Namosthuthe
    Yadakshara Padha Brushtam Mathraahenam Thu Yath Bhaveth Tath Sarvam Kshamyatham Guro Sri Jagadguru Namosthuthe.

THUS THE SLOKA ON SHANKARAACHARAYA COMES TO AN END WITH HIS GRACE..
    KINDLY PARDON ME IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKE IN THE WORDS OR THE PRESENTATION OH GURU SIR JAGADGURU NAMOSTHUDEY..

MEANINGS FROM GOOGLE, SLOKA DONE BY SUNKAN...

2. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sunkan Ji,

Thank u so much for the thotakashtagham. I used to remember it when I was a kid. But now without practice forgot most of it. I am teaching my kid slokas n this one I wanted to find. Thank u for taking the time to do this for me. Me n anju ( my daughter) are eternally thankfull for this n she loved the bright colours too.Thank u once again:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Regards,
    CC

3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sundari,
    What can I say?You have earned punyam by giving us -me-an oppotunity to read these slokas though understanding the meaning will take years.Even listening to such slokas recited by others has a calming effect on one.
    Thanks,sundari.
    love
    mythili

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

happy charu it is of use to u,
    after all when someone bring these forth the children get to see these, and what better way to show them these..sunkan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku mithila,
    i can only thanku for your blessings here...happy you are reading that in itself a grt punyam..sunkan