1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Those Who Quit Job After Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sandhya2020, Jul 21, 2021.

1. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

I really liked your holistic analysis

2. AditiShining

AditiShining Bronze IL'ite

Some girls are just satisfied with being a home maker in the US. So they leave their jobs.

3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I can totally get the point of your post..
    I’ve previously worked in corporate job and right now home maker. In India.
    Few reasons I have for ladies not returning to work after marriage and kids
    *Maybe genuinely happy being at home , happy in managing home and looking afternoon kids full time and giving time for their hobbies and interests without financial returns.
    *Many have serious health issues that makes it tough to pursue full time employment
    * Many ladies are seriously overwhelmed by the demands of looking after kids and home and office work and don’t have proper support so leave the job inspite of wanting to work
    * Lack of safe and reliable childcare is a major issue...many working ladies have support of parents and in laws for childcare, either they look after themselves or by supervising nanny..but many working ladies don’t have elders support . In nuclear families.
    And not all ladies are ready to leave kids in daycare or alone with nanny and take a break till kids are older and independent. It’s their choice.
    * Financially if husband is very well to do and earning good money and husband and wife mutually may decide that single income is enough to run family and the wife can manage the home while he manages all finances.
    * Maybe sometimes for kids health. If kids are falling sick often in daycare and workplace doesn’t provide flexibility, under pressure sometimes mom said take break to be home with kids .
    * In some cases, it’s abuse too where husband and in laws forcibly ask the DIL to sit at home and not pursue her career even if She is well qualified. They may not like her going for work and progressing in job and want her to be at their beck and call 24*7 as an unpaid maid.
    * Disappointment and bad luck - sometimes, ladies make sincere get job after career break..but due to long gap and some gap in skills or back luck, not getting interview calls or proper job opportunities...they may Ben unemployed inspite of actively applying on all job portals. It’s quiet upsetting to admit if applying since one year but no luck in getting job. People may think she is useless..so may not feel like sharing.
    * Relocation - If girls marriage fixed with guy in same city , the job can be easily continued , but if the fiancée is in different city or country, ladies quit their jobs to get married and relocate to new city or Country as in case of NRI. That itself sometimes causes problem maybe due to lack of opportunities in particular city or country in their field and may visa issues in foreign country.

Note - I respect working moms and stay at home moms equally
    No dis respect whatsoever.
    Only replying to OP query to list few reasons ladies are not returning to corporate job post marriages and kids. Many of my known ladies who are well qualified have one or more reasons in above listed for not returning to work.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  4. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

Thank you for the holistic analysis.It really gives a very clear and comprehensive picture.

You don't have to explain for replying to my post. My post is pretty clear in it's objectives and not to compare homemakers vs working women.

Thanks again for responding.

drdiva and Needtobestrong like this.