1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Those ten minutes(by Swathi) and Missed calls(by Akila) put together my experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 18, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Reading Swathi's and Akila's snippet made me write this snippet
    :)

They are younger than me so their experience and mine will be different
    In Swathi's write up she was getting worried about her husband and because of the anxiety not knowing about him when she spoke to her husband she shouted at him why he did not attend the call not knowing his situation. Women are always worried when their better half dont come in time home. Now Akila's husband was also worried about his wife but when she came back home he did not shout though he was also worried but still told her why she did not call and told her atleast should send sms at those times

the mobile and sometimes there is no charge in the mobile, that also I have to see and charge it. The mobile is not for his use but for me to call and to know where he is.

But of late he knows that I get worried. Last Sunday he had gone for a meeting and also lunch there only.
    In my case my husband is always busy doing social work and earlier he never had a mobile too. When he goes out and busy sometimes he gets late but does not phone. Men of his age are of olden times and I have heard from my friends also if they are late they dont phone and inform their wife. We get worried here and till they dont come dont feel like eating or doing anything . In our earlier house I could keep my door open and see whether my husband is coming and sometimes I used to go to the door and wait, this was earlier when he did not have a mobile. Then wherever he has gone if I dont have their number too somehow or other I will find out the number and used to call them and ask them. My dh is very entertaining type and if he starts telling some interesting stories about the past he does not know about the time and gets late:) Now a days he takes the mobile but sometimes he does not attend and sometimes he cant hear proplery on At 4.30 pm. he phoned and told me there is another meeting . I asked him whether he will be home by 8 pm, he said no by 6 pm I will be there. At 5.30 pm or so a friend of mine called and told me that he has goen for collection and has told her to inform me that he will be late. Then he came home by 9 pm.

While working he had allowed me to go for parties or any other functions with friends but if I am late he will get angry, but always I used to keep him informed whenever I am late. In some cases if I come home late then he will be angry. Thats why now a days wherever I go I go with him only to be on the safer side which makes many people jealous. As here we two are the rare couple who go out together

He is a gem of a person but little short tempered. He has more good qualities and recently when I went for a party with our old office colleagues since I knew I will be very late I told him you have dinner and go to sleep and I will take the key with me so that I wont disturb you. I came home at 11.30 pm or so and he was fast asleep because he is used to going to sleep at 9.30 pm itself. Our retired life is very peaceful and now we have understood each other.

7 people like this.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Those ten minutes(by Swathi) and Missed calls(by Akila) put together my experienc

Dearest Amma,

Your love and concern for appa is so beautiful. He too reciprocates the love and concern, but in a slightly different way. His anger is not just anger amma, it is his way of showing his concern. Reading your snippets are always heartwarming, and this is no exception. Thank you amma for sharing your experience with us :)

1 person likes this.
  3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Re: Those ten minutes(by Swathi) and Missed calls(by Akila) put together my experienc

Read Akhila, Swathi and Vijima's snippets...

It happens most of time with me..

I always get tensed when my dh dont respond

Especially when he starts from chennai and wont reach on time, and his phone is switchedoff...
    I know by now bus would have been delayed.... I still get tensed and Moment he steps in house
    shout at him for not charging his mobile and not calling me that bus is delayed.. And he simply
    :) and says "i slept off dee..."

Vijima,

Nice to read about your experience.. Yes i remember
    my mom waiting near door, for my dad and us(kids) when
    we are late from office/school-college..Now i understand
    her worries, that too without phones :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hello Vijima...

I remember how periappa used to get angry... But i feel over a period of time, just like my dad he is a changed lot now... Thats why he informed you through a common friend that he is going for collection and would be late... All in all i just love you both.. You both support n love each other...

there is so much to learn from you both...

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

​Thanks Akila dear for your first fb. Yes dear his way of showing love is different than mine. Pasam jasthi aanalum kashtam. Thanks for your compliments and glad you like my snippets

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Suma dear thanks for sharing your experience too. I think we all ladies worry too much. True dear those days without phones you dont know also where they are.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True Swathi dear now he has changed a lot, earlier due to tensions he was like that , now we have a peaceful life. Thanks for your sweet message