1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Those Stages in Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Jul 15, 2013.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

We will soon be entering a new, nice and important stage in our lives. We will be grandparents soon.Thinking about it brings to mind all those different stages in our life, each so different from the next. Childhood, youth and middle age are just broad categories and within each there are so many stages. Sometimes we pass on from one to another leaving behind the earlier one. Of course our memories are always be with us.
    But, sometimes people Just are not able to leave behind the earlier stage, they keep on remembering it. If it had been a good stage they keep wishing that they could go on living in those days.
    Others have bad experiences, and they too keep on re-living those moments. Those moments are always alive for them that makes their present a miserable one. Maybe due to their nature, they find it very difficult to leave behind those earlier stages.

Then there are those short phases or stages in Life which were fun, but we outgrow them. I remember those days when reading Thrillers had been an obsession, but now I just cannot read more than two pages.:rotfl
    That is Life.

I remember these lines from the book, ‘Daddy Long Legs’ by Jean Webster, “ It isn’t the great big pleasures that count the most. It is making a great deal out of the little ones. The true secret to Happiness is to live in the NOW and not to be forever regretting the past or anticipating the future, but to get the most of this very instant.” :thumbsup
    View attachment 191506