1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Those perfect MIL-DIL scenes.. beware highly imaginary!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by maroon, Mar 17, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes, now we are used to this. Initially we have spent hours searching for her. Then she would come back home after a few hours and say casually as if nothing had happened (this was when we were living with her) and say as if nothing had happened "Oh I just went out for an outing". I used to get very upset about her behaviour, but now my consolation is that she behaves like this with every one including with her own family and can't get on with anybody. So it is nothing personal against me. If anything, she does behave half decently with me from time to time - which is when I really get worried wondering whether there is any hidden agenda. :p She is very passive-aggressive.

2. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Hey Satchi..... is your exchange offer still open?? If DG doesn't accept it... then I am the 1st in queue ;-)

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  3. Neiraja

Neiraja New IL'ite

Lucky You!!!!
    Touch wood

4. prettydevil

:spin :confused2: :notthatway:..... these are imaginary .....:shhh: :wink:

5. satchitananda

Hi prettydevil, I used to make earlier offers with "chaar anne ka haar and dakshina" (4 annas garland and dakshina), but now I always make all my offerings with much higher side offers. Name your price!!!!!

5 people like this.
  6. prettydevil

:rotfl MIL ....:hide: :hide::hide: :rotfl:rotfl

2 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

Thanks, but no thanks pretty devil. No exchange offers. I meant 4 anna ka haar can be replaced with say 4 rupaye ka haar for example. :-D

1 person likes this.
  8. prettydevil

-Sigh! :-(

1 person likes this.
  9. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

This real incident was with FIL, since I dont have MIL, please accept my entry :)

Usually, I pamper my FIL (almost 90) when he's here, make his fav dishes, however busy I am, I'll serve and hover over his lunch and dinner and persuade him with jokes to eat his food properly :) My co-sis just keeps food on the table and will be busy in her works !!!

Last time I went to his place (he was with BIL and co-sis), my DH as usual disappears from the scene as he'll have lots of pending work there, so as usual, I took the kids (my DS, BIL's DD and DS) shopping, browsing, games, park and chocolate drinks and then came in the evening, co-sis was back from work, and kids are glued to TV... DH still not back, so I announce, I want to explore the new mall right next door, I am going there...

I saw some silver toe-rings I liked, so I called FIL to ask if it's ok to buy silver, is it auspicious day etc!! he said ok and I bought... so it was not as if I was unreachable, my mobile was with me, I was away for hardly an hour, and had called in between reg the toe-ring and the mall is walkable distance !!!

But by the time I reached home, co-sis was "how dare you disappear like that in a new place for so long !!!" (what about when I was roaming with the kids!!!)

But FIL was - "oh my god, you must be really hungry and tired", he got a plate, he served some rice and dal and got a glass of water and told me to sit for dinner (it was 7:30 pm, kids and FIL's dinner time) and asked me to show my shopping :)

co-sis was :rant:rant:rant "no one ever does that for me !!!"

I was :hide::hide: :thumbsup:thumbsup

12 people like this.
  10. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

NaveenaSasi, sorry dear, I didn't read completely :hide: Or maybe I did, but thought I was dreaming :rotfl

1 person likes this.