those golden days

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aryashi, Jul 31, 2012.

1. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I remember the roads were literally empty during the telecast time.

1 person likes this.
  2. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

Telegram services..how can we forget that?
    On July 15 finally this service came to an end..
    As a memory I sent a telegramto my dd one week before

1 person likes this.
  3. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for taking us down the memory lane. Cherished writing letters to Peddamma, sending cards for new year and birthdays to relatives. Used to eagerly wait for holidays to spend time reading tinkle, chacha choudary, chandamama, balamithra, wisdom, etc. Playing variety of games, learning to make flower mala using paper flowers initially, etc many to cherish.

1 person likes this.
  4. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

keeping the peacock feather inside the notebook and look after some days whether another has come.
    Keep the leaf and after some days for dried flower
    a tall pencil with fur type rubber ends
    Old red colour geometry box
    pencil where u can keep changing its face by pushing the over holder
    Memory game with all things to be kept and we need to write all the things we saw in 15mins
    Watching the computer and making sure not to get a syntax error in computer practicals
    Sports day with lemon in spoon and getting the first prize with pride:))

1 person likes this.
  5. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

Omg..sangeetha nnrajini soo many old memories of mine got refreshed reading your posts

6. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Hey kylie
    Long memories hmmm still green and pleasant to read. Thanks for recollecting :) and special thanks for aryashi for starting this thread.

2 people like this.
  7. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

Nice thread.

We used to go to coaching class in morning. The road used to be like a curfew or people running very fast just to watch Ramayan. Our batch time was scheduled as per Ramayan. We had some unidentified guests from surroundings at our home to watch Ramayan.

We used to play on roads. Used to roll old tires and direct them with stick while running along them.

Floating the paper boats after rain stops.

Telling stories or playing some games with parents before sleeping during summer vacations. This has been replaced by watching TV now a days.

We would visit somebody's place without any prior intimation as telephone was a rare thing.

So many things.. will add more in next post.

2 people like this.
  8. jeenumers

jeenumers New IL'ite

Nostalgic moments

1 person likes this.
  9. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I too have lots of memories to cherish.

There was one incident when I was in standard 10th that created a great impact in my life because of the telephone landline.Once one of my friends who was a boy called me up on my landline just to ask about some doubts that he had in mathematics.Being brought up in a conservative family and being in a joint family ,talking to a guy was considered to be a major offence.There was a parallel line connection that was kept in my aunt's room.She had a nasty habit of overhearing conversations.When she overheard the conversation that I had with my friend over the phone,she created a racket out of it and started shouting at my friend on the other line not even trying to understand that we were just discussing about our studies.from that day on,my friend stopped talking to me though I apologised to him for the embarrassment caused to him by my aunt.It was a night mare.From then on,we disconnected the parallel line nad got a new connection.

I can never forget this bitter moment in my life.

Rama

10. orchidgb

orchidgb Silver IL'ite

hi

so nostalgic.

generally my grand pa used to write letter when he comes and mention the date too. omg any riksha sound i hear myself and my brother will run whether it was grandparents. it was so pleasure in waiting for them after they come they would have bring delicious home made sweets and murukku etc.,

1 person likes this.