1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Those beautiful fragrances

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Mar 8, 2013.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yesterday evening we had been to the temple of Goddess Indrani, not very far from our house. It is a small temple, beautiful and serene, situated on top of a small hill. On Tuesdays and Fridays people come to the temple of a Goddess in large numbers, on other days the place is quiet, with not many people about.

The quietness in the temple made us more aware of the flowers, the burning incense, the sandalwood paste, the tulsi plant and so much more.

They are the beautiful fragrances which are found in all temples but we are not aware of them when there are a lot of people. Sometimes all these perfumes are so much a part of the atmosphere of a temple that we take them for granted.

Sitting in the temple, we thought of all those other beautiful fragrances that make our life so much more richer. :thumbsup
    Top in the list is the smell of the earth when the first rain of the season touches it. Earthy smell is what it is. Some languages have a special word for that smell.

Then all those flowers and trees and plants, some flowers have a heady fragrance while others have a soft, toned down perfume. Both are equally beautiful.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee and of hot rasam is an experience in itself. :rotfl

When the husk is separated from the coconut,there is this beautiful smell , it reminds me of the smell of the first rains. Coconut trees are a part of our life in this part of our country. Here we offer coconuts and bananas and flowers to God when we go to a temple. After offering them to God they are returned to us.
    I suppose everything in nature has its own fragrance, we just have to become aware of it.

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it". ~Confucius

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

These fragrances are being missed out in our day to day busy lives... You connected with them very well.. and each fragrance has some memory and beautiful in its own way.

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Those who have a taste for small things in life, are always rewarded, LakshmiKMBhat. Nice to know about the fragrances and reminisced some good times. Nicely written. -rgs