1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thise Quote I Reckon With....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Aug 25, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Dear pushpa,
    u know when i wrote this article as i had nothing coming to me that day, when i saw this quote, thought ok let me put something into words, then my elder daughter told me.
    ma this looks like the gorilla beating his chest as i am great, then i told her, ok then i dont post, again she egged no ma if you feel happy doing then why not go ahead, so this post is not for what i did but for what the reaction is,
    all love the three great writers and am happy for them too...sunkan

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sundari,
    I am happy to note that u are the winner of best article this month....raed this article andma'am how true......after having met you just on monday i know that you do live by this quote. I feltreally happy to ee that you went out of the way to come over and meet me personally, and my how thoghtful you were with your choice of eats , pickles and teh lovely Nataraja ....
    Great Sundari, i can vouch for you that you really live the way you ave written, and i can also add that you brought me a lot of pleasure too.....that small extra does make you EXTRAORDINARY!:2thumbsup:

I am happy to have met you in person!

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sudha,
    i am a very private person, basically and dont feel it is something extraordinary doing something to leave behind a good memory with a friend who means more than that to me, and going through the turmoil i know your mother may not be in a condition to give any thing so thought ok if she can she should be able to take something along from india...sunkan

4. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Congrats Sunkan for recieving the best award for this post.You have left a mark on everybody with your help,articles etc.The kind of cards you make for all the Ilites has been fantastic.Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Asha

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku asha,
    for your wishes, i am really to see my friends backing me..sunkan

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanks nivedi,
    we are what we are, and cultivate we do as we live and see our parents do, and great teachers guide you, but yes if u are gifted with something to give we should .... the pleasure is more than receiving, i have known and enjoy doing so..sunkan

7. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

DEAR SUNKAN,
    LET ME CONGRATULATE U FOR PRESENTING A GOOD POST WHICH
    IS SELECTED AS BEST ONE FOR THE MONTH.
    I HOPE U KNOW THERE IS A SAYING THAT " A WISE MAN IS HE WHO DOES ORDINARY THINGS IN AN EXTRORDINARY WAY." U CAN IMAGINE UNDER WHAT CATEGORY U WILL COME ? I USED TO READ YOUR POSTS OFTEN .THEY ARE INTERESTING AND THOUGHT PROVKING WHICH REAVELS
    YOUR "MATURED MIND".
    CONGRATULATIONS
    Sd/NISCHEL

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanks nischell,
    for the reference, i am humbled here, that day i remember i was breaking my head what to write, suddenly got a set of quotes as forward, and the first thing that struck me was this, i always enjoy something better than the lot, so wrote it, never knew the result would be this...sunkan

9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

True.... i am very impressed with ur these words
    Quote :"if u are gifted with something to give we should .... the pleasure is more than receiving, i have known and enjoy doing so..
    I have been like this all thru my life , i love to share things with people and help others with whatever is possible from my side & feel very satisfied when i see a small expression of happiness when they receive it.
    E.g :- When we share a eatable with those small kids begging on the traffic signal , and the smile they give back to us is very satisfying. That kid who has been begging all day thru doesn't value the money u give as alms but will surely feel happy on receving the stuff since he has been seeing people eat things which he cannot imagine of buying.

i too totally agree with ur lines that "our Life is to do something to mankind with that extra edge ," As well as it is to pass it on to the world at large without any selfish motives in whatever form possible.

Cheers
    vaidehi

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

vaidehi,
    you are true to your name, yes there are many inspirators behind this act, every child notices its surroundings, of relatives, parents, and many others to learn the art of giving, my mother shanthi, a generous lot, none can imagine to give like her, and sathya's [my sis]mother in law, is second on the list, the amount of sweets and savouries used to come home for all of us, that is three homes, i also have seen my sister in law's mother who was also shanthi, used to send for the three sister in laws that is the three sister, now while returning the bag i used to feel short that i have not done enough or given enough to them, the enormity was very extensive, for us to reciprocate, so utleast do something in our own way, like the squirrel in ramayana who helped build the bridge...sunkan