1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thise Quote I Reckon With....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Aug 25, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

"Act as though what you do makes a difference. It does." -- William James.

I felt great reading this, yes if we do put in our out best effort we can excel and make a difference in all whose lives we touch.

I have always felt, I have a lot to give, It is not the recognition I seek but the urge in me to make a difference, that motivates me to the extent where I could produce a rather extraordinary task more out of my mind than leading it to fester. When something is done with no expectation you tend to give more as you work at perfection.

Life springs a lot of surprises…Though in a manner not fully acceptable to all. When I bring two lovers into the sacred bond of marriage, though I did not intend but have left a mark in their marriage certificate and a memory that I was with them during that most exacting and sacred moment. My mind is still etched with the curses of their parents. but to see the same family together making a great progress leaves behind a satisfaction of an incredible feat accomplished. People in search of a good partner will understand what I mean here.

Every task gives me a sense of accomplishment, be it going through the search engine for a friend, researching about anything for someone with great enthusiasm leaves me feeling elated.
    When I have fought with my friends to educate their daughters rather than getting them married at a tender age of 18 and seeing them today as educated mothers, I feel euphoric.

During my school days, I could save two of my mates from committing suicide over failing in the exams, by informing the school authorities. Now they may be good mothers somewhere with kids, they may never meet me out of shame but it filled me with a sense of rightness to save those two.

Bringing my writer friends to sites where they would enjoy their stay and when they become famous, leaves me ecstatic, because I have made a difference.

Even a birthday card created by me has to be special, so that it gives my friend a feeling that she is more than a friend to me.

In general our life is to do something to man kind and if we can do it with an extra edge, the feeling is like the silver lining.

Regards sunkan

sindmani likes this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sunkan,,

I absolutely agree. Nice post.

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi

Great thoughts.

During my school days i had a friend who had polio attack and for him to walk is difficult. But we have to walk for 3 kms to go to school. For almost 5-6 yrs, I used to walk another half a km extra to go to his place and carry his school bag till the school and drop him back.... Now he is settled somewhere in Canada... After 20+ years last time when i went to India, I went to his residence to know about his wherabouts..... The warmth shown by his mother/brother & sister who were there is something I enjoyed......

But in todays world people have become too materialistic...... Even if you want to help somebody it is not taken in the right spirit......... They suspect what is this person is going to gain from this......

Veda

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear veda,
    do we expect anything while we think we should do, no, i dont think and that is the right spirit, look u felt u should carry just because u felt and look the response from other quarters, we will always be appreciated somewhere else for what we do spontaneously for some whom we know...the love that is given is never with expectation, and that is the right resilience of love...sunkan

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Wow Sunkan - all is not lost in humanity...there are still souls like you doing their mite. Great going!

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

many souls like me are here too if u notice nivedi, may be i came out telling about it..which they dont and that is humility..sunkan

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

many souls like me are here too if u notice nivedi, may be i came out telling about it..which they dont and that is humility..sunkan

8. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

You have spoken true words. Yes, it is a pleasure to see others happy and by doing something extra than the ordinary, it sure will be successful. You may find me witting poems, writing stories and now playing brain teasers' game. I want to do things differently and if I can make some people happy it makes my day. I find that people like comic stories very much. So, I have started writing a comic story.

Regards,

TDU

9. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Sunkan,
    That is lovely ! I know you....always out to help....and it sure feels good when you can be of help to someone...right? We make this world a better place to live in with such small acts of kindness that are great in value!

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan,

Beautifully written thoughts by you ! For a while, I thought I was reading a forward ! I may not know you personally, but I too have been at the receiving end of your kindness. Whenever I read what Cheeniya writes and now Twinsmom and Kamalji, I owe my pleasure indirectly to you, right ? Besides the above mentioned, you yourself are generous about sharing all good thoughts and pictures with us. Thank you so much.

L, Kamla