1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"THIS YEAR, I WILL - New Year Resolution Contest - Jan 2013"

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by RiddhimaT, Jan 1, 2013.

1. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Dear All,
    Wishing you a very Happy and Prosperous " New Year 2013"!

As we prepare ourselves to start the New Year, we draw a feeling of New Beginnings, New Promises, New roles to play, New bonds to share, New Achievements to accomplish..
    So let us all Welcome the New Year and think about our families and our loved ones. People with whom we have shared some part/phase of our life and make a promise to change something in them, something that will bring happiness on both ends.

All you have to do is type down your resolutions 'related to your family and relationships' for the starting year. It can be either changing your DH smoking habit or calling your parents daily or mending those broken relationships with your in-laws or long lost friends.

PS: Resolutions of hiring a spy for your spouse or looking for that golden opportunity to kill your in-laws is prohibited :) :wink:

The last date to submit your posts will be 18th January 2013.

The Winner will be awarded a special gift from '<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Craftsia[/FONT][/FONT]'.

So common all, Get Going. All the Best and Happy Posting!​

7 people like this.

2. katyalnancy

katyalnancy New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

Wishing one and all a very happy new year.

Well, my new year resolution is not have any resolutions. I will be sincere and honest in all the things I will do and rest Iam sure will follow.

Regards
    Nancy .

3 people like this.
  3. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

Hello Riddhima,

Not to dampen your contest but with all the issues we are seeing for women these days, don't you think we should dedicate a year to ourselves?

I will not be eligible for your special gift from Crafsia for this reason.

I feel I have burnt myself out so much for others that ironically my goals and resolution for 2013 are quite the opposite of the contest. I want to take care of myself - my looks, my health, my mind, and my body. Indulge in things I like to do, find time and make time and space for myself, refresh my wardrobe, grow my hair long.....
    basically do something for myself. Certainly this does not mean I will not care about anyone else in my life in 2013 but I want the year to be predominantly about me as half my life is over and big part of half my life was for others.

Again, I certainly do not intend to throw cold water on your contest or show lack of appreciation for it. Just my thoughts that we women give away so much that once in a while we want to get something for ourselves.

Aamrapali

17 people like this.
  4. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi aamrapali,

I appreciate your New Year Resolution of pampering yourself to the fullest.
    But you know what 'We' women are so much into giving that I am sure that initial one month you may only want to pamper yourself but slowly and steadily you'll get back to dividing time for yourself and taking care and supporting your family and friends.

Actually, we are born that ways, those emotions for our loved ones will definitely find their place in our regular routine without even knocking and very soon we'll find that again we don't have time for ourselves :)

It's just that you need to find a balance, It's good to look after yourself and your all pending needs but saying that this year I'll only pamper myself, will not do justice to so many people who love and care about you.

The contest just wants you to introspect and come out with one such thing that you'll definitely do for your family and loved ones in the coming year.

I hope, you'll rethink on this and will come up with a good resolution that may make you a good competitor for the special gift :thumbsup

All the Best!

4 people like this.
  5. Rupamitu

Rupamitu Silver IL'ite

A Happy and Prosperous Newyear to all ILites.

Not many but there are some couple of things I am planning to do.
    1. First of all, I want to be patient, as am quick in taking decisions. I want to control my temper as well.
    2. I have put on some pregnancy weight. I want to be back to my pre preggo weight. I have to reduce around 7 kgs :)
    3. My lilttle one will turn 1 this May. So planning to do some good deed. Having a thought of celebrating, may be not celebrating, spending a day and donating something to "The Banyan"

Hoping to accomplish these:p

6. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    The end of last year was filled with the most disastrous incident to a woman and let that not let down the fighting energy in us.
    1. SPEAK OUT!! LADIES! SPEAK OUT!!
    This should be the common resolution of all the women including myself. Whenever u see your co-woman suffering SPEAK OUT. FIGHT AGAINST IT.
    2. Coming to my personal resolutions , I have to improve my self-confidence and have to be more energetic to look after my family. For that i have to eat healthy food .I have to learn four-wheeler driving(let me try it!)

3 people like this.
  7. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

Firstly, Happy and Prosperous new year to all Ilites.

I have many plans which you may call resolutions for this year. And related to family and relationships, I think I learnt quite a bit about managing them the past year and now is the time to put them to practice.

One thing I would like to improve is I find it difficult to say no to any injustices or unfairness happening in my own extended family fearing that I'd hurt them. But I have been blessed with great parents, siblings and Inlaws who definitely love me and want the best for me. I'm not going to underestimate them and will voice my opinions in a subtle way.

I hope to master that art. :)

4 people like this.
  8. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

First , "Thinking by mind and not by heart" when it is related to others .

Second , "Thinking by heart " when it is related to me ..

Third , Have to learn " Me First before others" ...I neglect my likes/ dislikes for other .....i always think good of others even if it hurt me and end up crying

Most important is i Want to learn to be Happy ...

9 people like this.
  9. adititmehta

adititmehta Silver IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

My new resolution this year is simple, TO BE A BETTER AND A KINDER PERSON, I am sure this should be enough to get me going if the going gets tough!

10. veena230

veena230 New IL'ite

this year i will try to more happier and cool and try to help the needy,and wish to see the smile on their face.

3 people like this.