1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This never happened earlier.....So why now.....am I over-reacting??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sridivya, Mar 3, 2010.

1. kuccoo

kuccoo New IL'ite

Hello Snehidhi!
    Still under confused mind... Thant's y i told u earliear, emotional thinking always create depression. Depression creates confused mind or feel unhealthy... Wait for some time(may at week end) .. till then make enjoy ur time with ur kids... K?

2. sowmyar

sowmyar New IL'ite

Divya

I feel for your girl. Really.

Sometimes men can be very insensitive toward their women. In my case, hubby would give lengthy lectures about his life, his triumphs and his toils to reach the career state he is in now, his religious 'journey' and learnings etc etc. But when I go into one of my 'life stories' (I admit I can meander a lot as may be evident from my writing!), then he would make snide remarks like 'ok, are you going to tell me what actually happened?!'. Granted I don't get to the point immediately, but I don't drag things just for the sake of it either - but the patient hearing I give him he feels he is entitled to, but not I (I have been told I bore/go in circles/jump topics or that he has other things on his mind).

Anyways Divya the point is, if other approaches have failed try giving hubby a taste of his own med. No, not to get back at him but more to make you feel better about the whole situation - if he is not noticing you are not talking much, will he notice you are not listening either?! Try that. He might then get an idea what you are going thru. Stop letting hubby's actions define your happiness. Define your own girl.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  3. kuccoo

kuccoo New IL'ite

R u still worry? Then go back my previous line... Boost it up...

4. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

dear,
    this happens with me daily since 1 yr,but now i am used to it,
    in morning he sits on computer,he comes and have food,then computer or little tv,when i get free he is off to sleep,even we dont share rooms,i do shopping,groceries,doctor,school etc etc without him.i have no problem with money,i can spend as much as i want.....but i need love,understanding and to be with him....but no.
    i dont utter a word just for the sake of my sweet kids.

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend,
    Welcome to world of reality, your DH is finding your conversation topics boring and repititive like many DHs after several years of marriage.
    It would be great if you stopped looking to him for daily dose of gossip. Make a life for yourself, make friends, take up a job , take up a hobby and finally give him a dose of his own medicine.
    Believe me no DH likes being ignored or considered boring. All his doings are newsworthy, hot and mindblowing. His friends and family are equally great and one should listen wide eyed to their doings.
    A wife is a drag after some years and and should only be seen (on specific occasions ) and not heard they think .
    Earlier even I thought that companionship grew with the years of marriage but it does not except in rare lucky cases.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010