1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This never happened earlier.....So why now.....am I over-reacting??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sridivya, Mar 3, 2010.

1. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

This is a good one, Vidya. Yeah, I will try to make sure he is ready to listen before I take off.

It is not his usual behavior and that is why I feel more now. He was a good listener earlier.
    Even then he used to easily dismiss my take on anything seriously in a light manner by laughing off or simply telling me I am over-reacting but all that was related to someone else's matter and not ours.

2. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

From now on, you go first and tell him that there will be a pop quiz at the end and if he fails to score 90% or higher, his TV privileges are suspended for the night LOL

3. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl......Thanks!!

Wish that would work with my hubby...I feel like gluing/pinning him to the wall while I am speaking.

4. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

thats a cool idea malavika!!

sridivya, you know your DH best.. if you think he can understand subtle messages, you shud definitely try the above suggested.. atleast that shud get him to ask you why you are going to such lengths..
    get this sorted and out of your system.. you should not have to lose your peace on this .. good luck.-.

:) looks like we cross posted

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Ur hubby is funny and I kinda agree with him. What's the big deal, he wants to wind up after a big day, why another lecture? ;)

6. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

Nandhu:

What is upsetting me is that he is not giving an ear as earlier. I can understand if he has some problem at work or with anyone. I have tried asking him what is bothering him and he says NO! Nothing!
    I am not lecturing him, I am trying to share my side of the daily events just like he did 10mins back. He says AtoZ about the daily happenings and when it comes to mine he gets distracted too easily.
    That is what bothering me these days becos he was not like that earlier.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  7. sowmyar

sowmyar New IL'ite

Divya

Generally speaking men tend to have short attention spans, while women tend to ramble on and on analyzing every little event of the day. In your case tho' it appears you dh was a pretty good listener, and indeed it is funny that your dh shud suddenly act this way.

You could try two approaches:

1. Get to the bottom of the problem, if there really is one (I guess judging by his light hearted comments to your reaction there might not even be anything wrong). It could just be some work related thing niggling him - a nit picking boss, a deadline round the corner, or perhaps a loan/morgage payment he needs to plan for.

Anyways try talking to him, or observe his moods. You could figure out what's bothering him, esp if he is showing other behavioral changes apart from this distracted mode.

2. Approach 2 - Pretend all is well (which it may well be!). Go on with your daily chores, tend to the kids' homework or after school classes, hit the gym and burn some energy, or get bold and initiate some bedroom action if you wish! In short, stop letting a little deviant behavior rule your days (afterall his quirkiness may be shortlived). Share your day with your dh like you do normally, but make it short to keep your sanity!

Do post back with updates. Take care!

8. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

But the problem is I just cannot concentrate even if my mind is little even tiny bit upset.....really! I cannot function if I do not get it sorted out. I think I might try this approach to get him back but then again after every 10mins of pretending I will be curious to know his reaction to this. I know it needs patience and right now I lack that totally when it comes to seeing the results of my experiment.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  9. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Not to upset you but do you ever talk to him with double meanings. You know how we some times say things and our DH thinks that they are not as good as our neighbour's DH.They feel that we are taunting them.
    DHs do not get mad immediately but they sometimes do drift away slowly, so you have to be careful not to hurt them.
    Think about it, see if I make sense to you.

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Not to offend you or anything.. I take the liberty to say becoz I had been in ur shoes. :)
    May be the topics you talk are not interesting anymore..

My DH is my data bank, meaning I have to pour my every minute to him the moment his ears are open (physically. :) )
    Then one fine day I noticed he was simply saying mm.. hmm..mm.. in regular intervals :rotfl

But I was not offended or anything rather observed carefully and found out that I was boring. What interests me may not interest him, right?! How can I blame this guy? After all he is trying his best with that mm.. hmm..mm.. atleast.

So later on, I start a topic to see his interest level and stop in between to see if he cares to reinstate the conversation (if I may call it so!) and if he seems to be relieved that I dropped the topic, I keep him relieved. :rotfl

After some period, I dont know how.. but he started to ask me, what happened, Today? After all I think he was assured that I won't bore him!

Take it easy!

See if your talks are monotonous or.. do they fal into some category that least interests him..