This might sound very silly - pardon me

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by Amitha, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Hi

My son is going to complete 4 years this December. I am coming to Bangalore for 6months and planning on putting him in a pre-school. I am not sure if I will continue my stay in Bangalore or come back to USA - all depends on DH.

Let me come to my dilemma: -
    As I said I want to put him into school. But not sure whether this is the actual age for starting school. I mean -
    (1) is it compulsory to put him into school at this age? If I don't put him to pre-school at this age, will it be a problem later on when we put him to regular school? Will the schools say that since he has not attended pre-school, he has to join nursery?
    (2) I am thinking of putting him in Euro-kids. Will it be taken into consideration if I try to put him into a full-fledged schooling later on?
    (3) Any idea how is Euro-kids?

Please help me

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Eurokids is one of best preschools. Children will definitely enjoying going there..one of my friend's daughter is also there. They will make children to enjoy different indoor games,creative activities,
    There will not be any books. Only papers.

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Well,Amitha,he is going to complete 4 yrs,surely this is the time to put him in school.If you are going to be in India itself,there pre-school starts at 2 1/2 yrs,and at 4 1/2,your son should start UKG and be ready for 1 std at 5 1/2. If you are going to come back to the U.S,here Kindergarten in most states starts at 5 yrs and most children these days do pre-k or pre-school at around 3 to 4 yrs here.So,if you don't put him in school now,that is definitely going to be a disadvantage for him.