This makes sense

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by nandita24, Oct 4, 2012.

1. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Yes, you are very much right there. Infact we can see some of it (being rude/impolite) right here in this thread. In India we are very hypocritical and intolerant. But everything is changing so fast that sometimes I wonder, 20 years hence, if someone invites you for a wedding, you will wonder what kind of a dummy s/he is!!!

Nandita

2. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

It looks like a rather radical idea at this point, but who knows, society is always evolving. Having said that, I think monogamy does give your life a purpose,keeps you grounded and has many benefits, if you find the right life partner. A radical person myself, having been married for a long time, I do believe that the faith and comfort of being able to depend on someone when you need him, and the commitment of being their for someone to catch him when he falls is totally worth it.
    I do like the concept of polyamory to some extent. People are capable of loving different people in different ways. Even if one is committed in a serious relationship, he/she might admire another person, become friends or love him in a different way, however having a single life partner who you are totally committed to will prove to be good in the long run.
    Monogamy also has religious foundation. Although (interestingly), hinduism, Islam etc. don't preach monogamy, Christianity does. So, as long as people are practicing the religion, monogamy will be practiced.

5 people like this.
  3. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

This reminds me of overhearing a guy talking to his friend, in a city mall, that he was more inclined towards spirituality away from formal religion. Yes society is dynamic and is evolving hopefully!!

Now it strikes me that polyamory and marriage can be substituted for spirituality and religion respectively.

Spirituality can be a liberating experience than being within the restricting confines of formal religion. And the same can be said about the lifestyle.

Formal religion is losing its hold in advanced countries particularly; and I can forsee the same winds of change blowing in India too, atleast among the well educated and the well heeled.

Nandita

4. vaanadhi

vaanadhi Bronze IL'ite

this one is more organized, has easy flow.

Another video http://bit.ly/t4EX4s

================================================

In SEX AT DAWN, renegade researchers Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethá debunk almost everything we “think we know” about sex.

Ryan and Jethá show how our promiscuous past haunts our current struggles regarding monogamy, sexual orientation, and family dynamics. Some of the themes they explore include:

• why long-term fidelity can be so difficult for so many;
    • why sexual passion tends to fade even as love deepens;
    • why many middle-aged men risk everything for an affair;
    • why homosexuality persists in the face of standard evolutionary logic; and
    • what the human body reveals about the prehistoric origins of modern sexuality[/QUOTE]

5. vaanadhi

vaanadhi Bronze IL'ite

Monogamy is favored as it is ones ticket to security and stability.
    When women were dependent financially and otherwise, it assured that Man took care of HIS woman and HIS children.
    This also could have been due to the ownership feeling "my woman,my children"
    This age when women are becoming more independent in all sorts of ways,many are reconsidering the very notion of marriage,let alone monogamy.
    look at the increase in "live in" relationships even in India.

2 people like this.
  6. vaanadhi

vaanadhi Bronze IL'ite

this may not be related to this thread;since this shows an other dimension of partnership, 'thought of posting the link.
    Mosuo Women - China - YouTube

7. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

ok. whats the point? you guys want to be with n number of partners at the same time? good for you, go for it. I prefer monogamy however boring or suffocating it is. does it make me less evolved or not open to ideas now?

8. vaanadhi

vaanadhi Bronze IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  9. vaanadhi

vaanadhi Bronze IL'ite

I guess the point here is being open to views!
    Cheers!

10. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Why do you trivialize the idea? You make it sound as if it's just f***King around, which it is definitely not.

Good that you prefer monogamy. It is heartening that you admit a monogamous marriage can be terribly boring and unfulfilling. The only difference now is that some seek answers to this problem while others stay put. Be at peace. Evolution happens when you do not accept a bad situation and seek better solutions. And this is your decision.... it starts with keeping an open mind.

Best wishes
    Nandita

2 people like this.