1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This In Law's Things Haunting Me Always

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Rose03, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

with respect to this thread Very Confused About This Cheating Relationship

My husband is changed a lot but he still wants me to get closed to his extend family ( who are aunt and uncle)
    I find it very difficult with in laws. am able to manage my mother in law and father in law and elder sister in law. but my husband's younger sister and aunts and uncle are terrific. we were terribly got hurt-ed from them .the way his younger sister who was married coming and telling to mother in law to control me and father in law is bad but ok manageable.

Aunts and uncle wanted to control my husband and in directly expecting me to serve his family. the way they did to my mother. I just cant forget that. Should I just stay away from them. though husband calls me for one of their functions, i diplomatically answered that i wish to come, but i have other important work to be done during our travel to india. Should I stay away from them ?
    and also none of their family members support us in any ways. only my family support in india in anything taking care of the property and my daughter and many other things. My husband says respect them whatever they have done just because they are elders. for me elders are the one who should bless younger ones. but not like them who keep talking about my mom and my family other relatives.what should I do to get rid of them and to stop thinking about them ?

2. aishu0001

aishu0001 New IL'ite

Dear OP,

You have a lot of things on your plate. Just ignore then, if you want to dress up and have fun, then go to the functions otherwise just do your other stuff. After reading your previous thread, you should be able to have the upper hand as they weren't transparent with you. If you want a smooth sail, I would advice you to be cordial when you are around them and don't be emotional. They aren't worth your time and energy.

Take care!

3. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Behave diplomatically with extended family,have minimal conversations and back off.If your H wants you to get more close,say sorry and leave the place.

4. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Basic courtesy from one human being to another is enough. Be detached and meet your H midway. Now that he is improving, you do not want to rock that boat