1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thiruvananthapuram Tamil Sangam Showers Its Love On Varalotti

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Congratulations for the great moment which has added one more feather to your cap! I liked the guts in you when you talked about thamizhan's thamizh unarvu. Years back, I had written a Tamil poem on the same lines and I was advised by one of my well-wisher never to put it up for public reading! It could pose a threat from political circles, especially the guardians of Thamizh(The fanatics)!I succumbed to the fear created in me! So it lies buried in my diary!
    The defining moments experienced by you were really interesting and touching too. Wishing you more and more success in the future,
    With great regards,
    Malathi

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear and most respected Sridhar sir

BowBow:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Heartiest Congrats..........and i really have no words to express my happiness and proud......when i saw the snaps...............

Already i fear/shy even to poast a reply in IL now-a-days , since , my frinds, are writing extremely good (and lot of poets too.)..............

You are LEGEND in writing.........and my fear level has increased to the core..even to reply these few lines........but still felt like sharing my happiness............

Wishing u more and more and more success...........in everything u do..........

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Congratulations Sridhar. Indeed another feather in your cap and we wish you more and more to come your way.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

4. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Hi Varalotti Sridhar,

I want to address you this way because I know you as Varalotti.

Ungal ezhuthukkalukkaagavum, angu sendru Tamil-ai perumaippaduthiyadharkkaagavum manamaarndha paaraattukkal. The credit offered to you was great.

Your narrration made me feel the presence in there. Missing your interesting speech for which there was a great demand.

When you talked about the painting which called you again, I had a flashback. When I was younger than 10(don't remember exactly) visited the Samayapuram Mariamman Temple as a whole family with uncles, aunties and cousins. The elders, parents etc, went again and again in the long queue to look at the GODDESS. They were all speechless. As I was a very small girl I'm not able to picturise the memories. One of my uncles, got down from the bus asking us to go ahead to Trichy, stayed back to go inside again.

Thank you for the excerpts and photos.

Regards,
    Oviya.

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,
    I appreciate your concern. One thing we can do is set aside an hour a week (to start with) where every one in the house will talk in pure Tamil.
    My grand mother used to repeat the name of the 60 Tamil years. The next generation could do the Tamil months. But this and the future generation.....
    So long as people show concern as you have done, Tamil won't die. But our mission now is to wake up people.
    regards,

6. varalotti

ஐயா சாமி ஆள விடுங்க! நான் ஆட்டைக்கு இல்ல!

7. varalotti

Dear Aruna,
    Thanks. This thread needed some effective drishti pariharam. I could not get a good-sized pumpkin. Instead I posted my pictures. Very effective.
    ha ha was kidding
    thanks once again.
    regards,

8. varalotti

Dear Jay,
    Thanks. Writing, painting, music, architecture - all are forms of expression not altogether dissimilar. Ayn Rand would say architecture is static music whereas music is dynamic architecture.
    In painting and writing the medium of expression is different, the underlying feelings are the same. I could understand the full import of this statement when I saw some pictures in the Thiruvananthapuram museum. I was just wondering how many words I might require to describe that lady's shyness. Even with a few hundred thousand words I would not have conveyed what the artist had done.
    There's one artist Shyam Sundar who has designed the cover pages of a few of my books. Once his rough sketch was shown to me for approval. It was literally done on the back of an envelope. But the eyes of the woman were so very beautiful that I could not take my eyes off from the picture. Well it was the picture of the heroine of my novel The Haunted House which was published in Tamil.

Thanks Jay. I am reminded here that your gifts are no less. Your Goodbye post still haunts me.

Chithra has given me a very great visibility by her creative indexing and choice of titles.
    Looking forward to seeing your comments on my works,
    regards,

9. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    Thanks. After having known that language for 50 years, after having enjoyed some great moments with Kambar (You know in 2007 I celebrated the Valentine's day with Kambar and all the ILites came out with their own love stories; you can easily find that out from Chithra's index) after being chastened by Thiruvalluvar, after being seduced by Kannadasan, how can I bear to see my language slowly dying?

I am looking forward to read it, Malathi. Please post it here in IL. These Tamil fanatics wearing dhoties with two-colour borders (karai vetti) have done nothing to the language. They saw to it that their wards studied in the best English medium schools. Only people like you and me, professionals, housewives, people with some responsibilities can do something in that direction.

Thanks, thanks and thanks.
    regards,

10. varalotti

Dear Latha,

Thanks for your congratulations.

Latha, IL is a family. And there is no need to feel shy or fear anything here in IL.

You write well, Latha. Just go on writing. I remember reading about you in a thread started by Meena.

Thanks a lot for your kind wishes.

It is very kind of you to have used such words in this post.
    regards,