1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thiruvananthapuram Tamil Sangam Showers Its Love On Varalotti

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 3, 2008.

1. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Anbudaiya Meena Krishnan Ammaiyar Avargalae

Meena endru paeyar vaithu kondu kangalai moodi kondae irukindhaal yepadi??

Big LaughIdil ilakkanappizhai irukkirathu.....
    Big Laugh

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srilatha,
    If I want to make you visit my threads I should travel to Trivandrum and post an account of what happened there! Right?
    Ok, I was just kidding.
    Well, Srilatha, I didn't get a standing ovation there. They were running out of time and my time to speak was curtailed. In the last five minutes of my alloted time when I asked the organisers whether I had more time, the whole audience shouted, go ahead and talk. That was to me more than a standing ovation.

Thanks Sreelatha for the nice sentiments.

Well, I am aware of the power of English. In fact while addressing my last meeting in England, I told them that inas much Himalayas is a part of our geography, marriage, a part of our tradition, English is a part of our culture. Take IL. It will be nothing without the uniting power of a common language, English.
    I have never insisted that we should not speak in English. I am only afraid that if we Tamilians don't talk in Tamil at all, it might slowly die. I am afraid that all the Southern languages share the same fate.
    You will be surprised to know that we have already lost several languages. For example people in Cornwall, England used to speak Cornish. It's perfectly dead now. I don't the same thing to happen to Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu or for that matter any living language.
    regards,

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Sabash, sariyana potti.
    Thodangauttum Sandai!
    ippadikku,
    galleriyil kaathukondirukkum
    oru
    visiladichan kunju.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  4. meenakrishnan

Dear Sridhar sir,
    What you have told is 100% right. I feel very sad to see my kids struggling to understand thingal kizhamai, valathu, idathu etc.No need to tell about nakshathirams and Tamil months! If a language is not in use, it will slowly die...I love Tamil!
    Bow
    Meena

5. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Sir....Here NO FREE tickets will be issued for seeing fight scenes...Big Laugh

6. meenakrishnan

Big Laughvisiladichan kunju...:whistle:whistle:whistle.very cute name !Big Laugh

7. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Ma'am you started keeping names for Varalotti sir too?????? RantRant I think he will like his new name kept by 'YOU'..... V.K. Rengasamy...(Nice na like V.K.Ramasamy, the great comedian)

Sridhar Sir mattiningala mattiningala....You thought of sindu mudichufying between me n the other fisha......But now....Big LaughBig Laugh

8. meenakrishnan

oru visiladichan kunju is a self proclaimed cute name.Its not my discovery!:cool2:

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti
    Congrats for your successsful trip
    Thanks for posting the pictures

10. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Happy to read about your Tamil Sangam Appearance. Congratulations Sir. A writer seeks no other rewards than true appreciation and understanding of his writings. Like you have said Writing is an art not unlike painting. A beautiful picture can be woven around beautiful words.
    It is a great gift to be able to convey profound thoughts through the medium of words and you have that great gift sir. Chitra mam has made it easier for newlites like us to access your writings in IL and i have gathered the names of all your published works from the Indexes. So looking forward to picking them up soon for some good thought provoking reads.

With Warm Regards
    Jay.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008