1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thiruvananthapuram Tamil Sangam Showers Its Love On Varalotti

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 3, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

அன்புடைய மீனா நீலகண்டன் அம்மா அவர்களுக்கு,

எங்கள் மதுரையில் அடிவைத்துத் தவழ்ந்து வளர்ந்த பெண்மணியே! உங்கள் மனமார்ந்த வாழ்த்துக்களுக்கு என் இதயம் கனிந்த நன்றி.

பொழுது போகாத நேரத்தில் எதையோ கிறுக்கிக் கொண்டிருக்கும், வாய்ப்புக் கிடைத்தால் எதையாவது பிதற்றிக் கொண்டிருக்கும் இந்த கணக்குப் பிள்ளையின் வார்த்தைகளை அமுதத்தோடு ஒப்பிட்ட உங்கள் அன்பிற்குத் தலை வணங்குகிறேன்.

யாரோ உங்கள் கவிதை நடையில் குற்றம் கண்டுபிடித்திருக்கிறார்கள். அவர்களைச் சும்மா விடாதீர்கள்.
    என்றும் அன்புடன்,
    வரலொட்டி

2. varalotti

Dear Veda Vyasan,
    Thanks. I have not charged you guilty, with or without Shan. It will be very difficult for me to charge you, even if I find you killing someone. All because of your Uncle who has chosen this name for you.

In fact even while thanking Chithra for indexing all my threads I used your name to express my gratitude. (You see this Varalottis technique to allure you to that thread. For your information, Shanthi has already visited and has registered her presence)

Thanks for the nice words about my being dashing. Actually it was the dress which was dashing. And I....... have you heard, poovodu serntha naar pazhamozhi...
    Thanks Veda Vyasan, once again.

regards,

3. varalotti

Dear Meena,
    Thanks. I missed you all there. I thought at least one ILite would have come. If only one had come and had recognised me before them, I would have taken extra five minutes to talk about our great site. Of course even without that I told about our site to a lot of discerning people.

The lunch menu was very very simple. It was vegetable biriyani, onion raitha, curd rice and pickles. Of course by 11 30 we had a very hot crispy ulunda vadai and a cup of good coffee.

Thanks once again.
    sridhar
    PS If Meena Neelakantan is Fisha Neelakantan, then aren't you Fisha Krishnan? ha ha ha!

4. varalotti

Dear Meenu,

No, this is not the first visit. I have visited Trivandrum several times. My first visit was in 1980.

The Sangam has its own building PRS Auditorium at Tamil Sangam Salai, Killippalam, Trivandrum 695 002.

Had you come there I would have been very happy.
    regards,

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar Sir,
    nice photos, nice menu, nicely written--Varalottiya kokkaa...Bow

Meeting with Sri. Neela Padmanabhan has no words to describe the feeling...I understood that in your words, sure you will be going to meet such starwalts in the literary world...

Your concern is understandable regarding our mother tongue...Tamizh...
    For our part, we are making our children read and write tamizh during the
    weekends and ask them to talk the same every day....( I hope you know how children behave at this stage of their life..they are in their teens..)

sriniketan

6. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sreedhar sir,
    Yes,:) I was called 'Fisha' by my brother's son when we were in school.He is a neurologist in Narayana Hrudayalaya now.I saw ppl calling meena neelakandan with different names in 'masti thread' Thought I'll give her this pattam also.
    PS:
    யாரோ உங்கள் கவிதை நடையில் குற்றம் கண்டுபிடித்திருக்கிறார்கள். அவர்களைச் சும்மா விடாதீர்கள்.
    Sindu mudithal nandrandru!:)
    Bow
    Meena

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  7. varalotti

Dear Sriniketan,
    Thanks. In a way I am a "kokku". In my school days I was very tall and very very lean. So my friends used to call me nettai kokku.

I take it as your and your husband's blessings.

I know Sriniketan. In all the places I stayed in the US, the kids used to talk only in English. But they understand when we talk in Tamil but reply only in English.
    In New Jersey I told the boy that he was like the hotel I had breakfast in London Heathrow. The hotel accepted any currency GBP, Euro, Dollars, Rupees... but gave back the balance change only in GBP.

I am afraid in the next generation they wont even understand Tamil.
    That's what I am concerned about.
    Thanks for the nice words once again.
    regards,

8. varalotti

Dear Meena,
    Fisha - a nice way of calling. Children are very creative in calling names. My niece used to say bozaka fokai for butterfly. And Pooma for Periamma.
    Well you know how I am called in my family circles, "Narathar Naidu"
    Well that explains this statement:
    regards,

9. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Congratulations on your successful trip to Thiruvananthapuram!!!
    you strongly deserved the standing ovation you got there ,
    :bowdown:bowdown:bowdownfrom my side for a wonderful writer and a wonderful humanbeing.

Though i am not from Tamilnadu, i have a passion to learn Tamil, i dont know some how i like the language a lot and hope i can atleast try to converse in Tamil in the near future.

Thankyou very much for writing the stories in English otherwise i would have missed so much
    Keep gng Sir!!!:2thumbsup:

10. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Anbudaiya Meena Krishnan Ammaiyar Avargalae

Meena endru paeyar vaithu kondu kangalai moodi kondae irundhaal yepadi??

Varalotti thatha (neengal ennai amma endru azhaithadhal aiya vilirundhu thathavagi viteergal) avargalin maerkooriya vaakiyathil aangila mogathai patrithaan yezhudhiyullar. Vada sol patri yedhuvum kooradhathal ungal sor kutrathai thirumba paetru yemmai nirabarathi aakumaaru thaazhmaiyudun kaetu kolgirom.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008