1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thiruvananthapuram Tamil Sangam Showers Its Love On Varalotti

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i await that reply sridhar, pl dont hesitate, otherwise how will we know what is the problem..???

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I am so happy that my 'naadu' honoured you. Travancore is a place which has taken many Tamil people in its fold and has enriched their lives in many ways.
    A great honour indeed for you, to get to know Sr.Neela.Padmanabhan. I have no words to express my awe.
    And one thing I feel is a great trait of the Mallus- they speak their mother tongue wherever they are. Once we get a slight hint that the opposite person is remotely related to God's own country, immediately comes the question 'Malayali aano?" Next moment, 'naatil veedu evidaya?" and such queries follow and we build up a good rapport. This is the opposite in Tamilnadu. If one talks Tamil at home, that person is a ET. Talk in the worst English, it is not a problem. All peter only here.
    Anyway, good to know that you enjoyed yourself and you were honoured well (which you deserve well). And also that you are again about to visit Tvm soon is a good news.
    Whenever I go, I always make it a point to visit the art gallery to stand mesmerised in front of those encapturing paintings. And the ambience and coolness and somewhat dim lighting does wonders.
    CONGRATULATIONS.
    Well, Sridhar, the banner on the photo says it is the 100th programme! And you do look dashing in your very colourful dress.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Sundari, this was about that bank-staff staring at the wrong place. I wanted to write more about it. But felt a little shy.
    love,

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Ungallukku endudaya Manam kanidha nall Vathukkaal.I tried writing tamil in english font and hope it sounds rite(coz of ur comment on tamil folks abt english speaking Rant) -felt guilty.

From the fotos, seems like the met was a blast and a memorable one.Thanks for sharing ur moments during ur trip to TTS and for the fotos.

5. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Anbudaiya Varalotti aiya avargalukku

Sangangal vaithu tamizh valartha Madurai maanagarilae adivaithu thavazhndhu valarndha Meenavin manamaarndha vaazhthukkal. :hatsoff

Dhevargalin visumbal saptham kaetka villaiyo?
    Solli vittu vaarungal
    Avargaludhu amudham yengum sellavillai
    Ungal vaarthaigalaga urumaarugindrana endru!!Bow

Ippadiku
    Endrum thangal nalanukaga nam Madurai Meenakshi yidam prarthikum
    Meena

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Congrats.... It is a great honour... Thanks for sharing that with us...

You cannot charge me guilty with Shan... As I keep peeping in HE...

I agree with Varloo "you do look dashing in your very colourful dress".

All the very Best....

Veda

7. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,
    Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your experiences in my Hometown. Very much want to see the picture you have described.What was the lunch menu?
    Regards
    Meena

Hi fisha,
    Pinnitteenga. Ungal kavithaiyil chorkutram kanden...Prarthanai vada sol allavo?:hide:

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    Read with interest your visit to my place. From your description I guess this is not your first visit. Where was (i mean venue)your sangam conducted.I was there two weeks back
    Regards,
    meenu

9. varalotti

Dear Varloo,

Yes, Varloo, I am happy that your naadu not only honoured me but also showered its love and affection on me.

The TTS is a good, well-knit organisation which owns an auditorium in the centre of the town, very close to the Raliway Station. (The PRS Auditorium)

To be able to talk to Sri Neela Padmanabhan, to be able to sit with him, to hear him say, "you can call me any time" was all a great honour which I shall cherish till I live.

Varloo,I don't insist that we should be fanatics and talk only Tamil. Had you and I not known how to speak and write English, we could not have met at this forum at all. We could not have friends with somebody in the US, in Europe or in Australia. I only insist that we should not let Tamil die. I am worried about our grand children and great grand children.
    Yes, they have invited me for another meeting of TTS somewhere in April. Let's see.
    Indhu suggested the dress. In fact I was about to wear something even more dashing. I had even packed that dress, a maroon colour full hand shirt in shining silky material. Indhu preferred this black and yellow combination. In Thiruvananthapuram, being away from Indhu, I could not go against her wishes and chose this colour combination.

thanks, Varloo.

10. varalotti

Dear Aishwarya,
    Please dont feel guilty about that. My concern is not about the language we speak. It's about the future of Tamil. At lease we have studied Tamil at one level or the other. But our children? Our grand children? At times I shudder to think that a language which has existed for a few thousands of years, will die in the next 60 years, approximately two generations.
    In the US, in Europe, in China, in Japan, the basic education is in their mother tongue. Then they choose some foreign language to study. I am not even against our choosing to study English pretty early. I am only worried about completely banishing Tamil from our studies.

உங்கள் மனங்கனிந்த வாழ்த்துக்களுக்கு என் மனமார்ந்த நன்றி.
    Yes the meet was a blast and I made many friends. In fact a retired scientist from ISRO who is now writing science books in Tamil sent me the photographs which I posted here.
    Thanks for the nice words, Aishwarya.
    regards,