Third Thread-Ask here the Recipes you want from Chitvish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

It is electric hand beater. Only for these two purposes. Mine is Philips. Any make with a guarantee should be fine.

2 people like this.
  2. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Please direct me to cheeda & murukku link

I searched a few pages of Chitra Maam's tiffin & snacks posts but could not find these two. My DD loves these snacks. Would love to make them home. Please help me find Chitra maam's recipes of these two.
    Thankyou in advance.
    Rgds,
    Shruthi

3. Chitvish

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Madam

Can you please post Nellikai thokku recipe (the grated variety)...I searched the pickles thread, but couldnt locate

5. Chitvish

I have posted MW amla thokku. Make the same on stove top.

6. saritharksh

saritharksh New IL'ite

Dear C,

Do we have to boil mushroom and babycorn like gobi for making dry fries such as gobi chilli? Your babycorn roast recipe doesn't call for the boiling part. But, what I find in the market is not so tender and thin.

I made pal payasam followed your recipe exactly. It didn't thicken and stayed very watery. The milk was not from any dairy but from a milkman. May be, it was not very thick but it was really good. There was a whistle before the time frame mentioned by you. So, I switched the stove off. I boiled it open on the stove top again. It got a bit thicker but was not tasty. Are there any alternative methods to make it thick? I want to try caramel payasam. That recipe doesn't call for the tall vessel like pal payasam. Can I make pal payasam also directly in the cooker?

My neighbour and I had poori once in a marriage. It was like we could bite it unlike the usual pooris which are only soft. I mean, konjam kadichu sappidara madhiri and it was very tasty and not crispy. She guessed it to be made out of mostly rava, quoting the example that her grandma used to talk about one way of padhir peni making with rava. Any ideas? If she is right, how do they knead rava without even one grain of it showing up?

I wonder I am asking very basic questions. As I don't know anything I would like to know these things from an expert and one who is interested to answer like you.

With Love,
    Saritha Rakesh.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  7. Chitvish

Hi,
    If the veg is not tender, it is advisable to parboil or steam before cooking.

I really do not understand your query on pal payasam:
    There was a whistle before the time frame mentioned by you. . So, I switched the stove off.

Yes, try pal paysam directly in the cooker but without adding sugar till the rice is cooked soft.

May be, you switched off early because of the whistle. Simmer in an open pan, if not thick enough. It will help.

I suggest if you change the method, you must go by trial & error only.kneasing it soft, leave for some time and habd pound it or pulsate in mixi at regular intervals. It will become very soft without grains sh owing up.

For some puris, chiroti tava is used.. After

8. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Could you please give me recipe for Malligai idly.. I dont know how it becomes soo soft and white color..

9. Chitvish

Please refer to my idli recipe in the first page of recipe index.

10. mkpriya

mkpriya Senior IL'ite

dear aunty,
    made ful use of week edn in stocking currima podi,mango thokku all.Dates rolls are like hot cakes!!!!!!!!!!keeps disappearing as soon as i make!!!!!!!!!!.made that also in week end.Had jeera rice and rajma as sunday brunch was awesome!!!!!!!!!thanks for the wonderful
    i had brought avacado.how to choose one and how to make milk shake.i rem cing in ur SBB but now cannot find it.can u tel me the link

love
    priya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.