1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

thinking twice before buying anything

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shrutimanjunath, Aug 29, 2013.

1. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi LAdies,

Most of us ladies are shopping freaks. We shop for clothes,sandals,accessories,cosmetic,bags and Most of us will be working or drawing pocket money from ur DH's ;)

Many times when we visit any mall, we feel like buying the items even if we dont need them coz we desire to have them and wear them in our posh friends circle. have u ever thought or felt insecured
    coz ur sisinlaws or DH's female relatives might ask u to share those costly items with them coz they would not be able to afford or dont want to afford it by themselves. how do u deal when they even comment that u buy so much unnecesary stuff(at times it will be needed,coz u will be with such a posh set of friends and ur relatives dont understand that) and u dont lend them anything.

2. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

I don't have any expensive tastes... So no probs with inlaws with this :)

Lol what is this posh friends thing about?

If they are ur friends because of your bags or shoes, they are not your friends!!

9 people like this.
  3. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Buy whatever you want, live within your means but why would you buy unnecessary stuff to keep up with 'posh' friends ? :hide:
    If you don't want to share clothes, cosmetics and accessories, tell your relatives politely that you do not share personal items or you are prone to allergies. Or make up any really repulsive reason for not sharing :)

2 people like this.
  4. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Well, I used to buy things I like before marriage but now MIL expects that I should buy for SIL and not for myself (I earn so need DH's pocket money, but her lectures on not to spend or to be generous in gifting SIL indicate her intention) or if I get something then I should share it with SIL. Now I simply don't buy anything for myself or for SIL asking MIL to shop for SIL.

As far as "posh friends" are concerned, MIL has them who show off jewelry and heavy outfits! And she has problem that I look prefer to look simple than a chammak challo!

1 person likes this.