1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you want to tell your MIL, but can't.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monita, Nov 9, 2012.

1. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Anu, there is no question of being 'happy' where MIL is concerned. This is only something I would like to (ahem ahem) 'point out'. :-D

2 people like this.
  2. sweetshreya

She will pretend heart attack & will have to be hospitalized .... :roll:

4 people like this.
  3. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry....Doctors will surely know whats wrong and diagnose her as psycho at this age and may give her 2-3 electric shocks. She will then forget to pretend forever. :-D

13 people like this.
  4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

My FIL: when any new comers to home says like this "My grand Son( my DS) is just like me in always..my blood is flowing in him"
    Me: What....:spin...i never knew this Mama ji:bonk:bonk

MIL: My 2 daughters are gems of world...they help me around when they came for vacation..
    Me: They have got gems of ILs whoever dont make them to work in their houses for rest of the year

My Elder SIL: I am the perfect mom in this world who take care her DS very well..
    Me: :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bonk:bonkHence i can see future Mamas boy in him....save your future DIL...

This is hilarious post....to vent

Sravani

5. amicabledeepu

amicabledeepu Silver IL'ite

mil--i donno wat ull do get me a grandson not grand daughter
    me--as if god is my employee..
    mil--- dont push my son hell fall down from stairs(when i keep a hand on his sholders while i climb down stairs)
    me--i wudnt push him but ill surely push u ..
    mil--wear something covered (whn iam wearing a salwar)
    me-- u need some serious medical help
    mil-- my dh used to cut her toe nails every wekend(strange na) and she says after my son went off to usa no one has time to look after me every one is busy looking after their makeup n beauty (directed towards me)
    me--lets ask your son to take a flight,come ,cut your nails and go back ..and haan ..u cant cut nails too thats why u have become overweight and you have all this diseases..
    mil--is she more tall than me ..why does she look tall while shes not ..why does she look slim ..when shes not(she means me ofcourse) ..
    me--ur 65+ and iam 25 ,y dont you compare with a girl of 16 years madam
    mil-she always mentions our house as bunglow (we live in a flat)
    me-- come il show you what bunglow is ..damn we live in a flat stop boasting
    mil-- i always wanted to get a waistband and armband ill get it someday(shes 67 and a widow sory to say this but i find it strange)
    me--lets call fil back to life and get you both married
    mil- my daughter is a holy cow
    me-- ya i can see where that animal instinct has come ..
    and jus endless things ..and many a times i have this urge to slap her and say shutup ,i dont know how i control..

25 people like this.
  6. ss1586

ss1586 Bronze IL'ite

MIL: we are called "model couples"...
    me: ya if u nod ur head as a dumb fellow to ur DH remarks...definitely u both r a "model couple".

MIL(to my mom): she doesn't know traditional cuisines
    me: oh she's from tarla dalal family to know all the world cuisines :p

SCA, sindmani, kanvitha and 9 others like this.
  7. sweetshreya

:) This is my problem too. She compares herself (and SIL) with me a lot. She wants the same lipstick/foundation shade as mine. Now I use a bright pink lipstick and ivory foundation. It suits me, but her? :eek:mg: This was only one instance where FIL put his foot down and said she looks horrible :rotfl

8. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

I have a lot bottled up inside me.I wish I could give her a piece of my mind.

Mil (to my relatives):Its been months since my son has talked to me.Since marriage he has completely changed,they (me & my parents) have separated my dear son from me.

Me:You and your son not talking,is between you two.Don't drag me or my parents into this.Oh and by the way you know why your son is not talking because you are such a monster.Its a shame that mothers like you exist,its better you don't talk to him.He's so positive and peaceful without your interference in our life.

Mil(to me):You know in my village and family I am like a queen.Everyone listens and agrees to what I say.

Me:Good for you.Just don't behave like the queen in my life and marriage.After marriage your son is king and I am the queen.:biggrin2:

Mil(to me):Your dad insulted us.He didn't give/do this and that.I have already stated that I have no expectations(dowry).I don't like asking for things,its just that I am hurt that he doesn't trust us(to hand over all my jewellery)

Me:Are you aware that asking for dowry directly/indirectly is punishable by law?If not for your son I would love for us to plan a date to the police station.

Mil(to my relatives):She doesn't put koolam,does not do poojas properly everyday.We come from religious family,I do this/that.

Me:I pray to God in my own way.You claim that you are very religious,do poojas etc,then how come you tell lies so easily,act so viciously,use crude language to scold your own son?People can't see through your cheap acts,but remember God can watch each and every move of yours.I hope you can change yourself before its too late.

Mil(to my Dh and relatives):She is not at all traditional,we come from a very traditional family.She wears heart shaped gold pendent(given by my dad),wears duppata single side.How can a married girl dress up like this?

Me:Let me give you a reality check of your so called "traditional family".Your elder brother ditched his ill wife,divorced her and married another woman.Your younger brother treats his wife like a slave,and talks in a rubbish language.And you -after you became a widow,you illegally remarried a guy from political background who already had a family of his own.
    So what family tradition should I learn from you?

15 people like this.
  9. poojachinoy

poojachinoy Gold IL'ite

1) MIL-my daughters have soo many hardships in life in comparison to girls getting married very recently.

ME-from day 1,all your daughters stay as a nuclear family and not one,i repeat not one stays with the in-laws..so i guess i should be following your daughters as according to you they are perfect.

2) MIL-you have no looks..i spoiled my sons life by getting him married to an ugly girl.

ME-i am so sorry about that..i guess it was in his destiny to have an ugly mom,ugly sisters and an ugly wife.

P.S-i was the runner up of a beauty contest winner at my college.

3) MIL-i will not love my sons kids like how i love my daugters kids.

ME-i am so happy that they are spared of your 'bountifu'l love...please do keep your promise till the last breath.

4) MIL-even while studying medicine(some far off relative of theirs) used to cook,clean and then go to study.(as i am a doctor)

ME-share this advice with your daughters...they are not even graduate pass but still dont know how to cook well and maintain the house.that is the difference how education can mould you to.

5) MIL-like me,my daughters come over to parents house when they feel bored...(they feel bored every single weekend.)

ME-i can very well see from where they picked up this trait(even my MIL has 4 sisters and all lived next to each others house)..but i dont follow your way because i love my bhabhi and brother too much to intrude in their life soooo very often..and my mom has taught me how to look after my home and never come running to parents for every small thing in life.

10. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl What a character!

1 person likes this.