1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you want to tell your MIL, but can't.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monita, Nov 9, 2012.

1. KAME

KAME Silver IL'ite

My MIL - After one year of marriage, now you are cooking very good... Its all becoz of my training.. :)

Me - No.. Never.. My mom taught me everything before marriage.. .. So the taste has come only from my mom not from you.. My mom cooks so well than you... :rant:rant:rant:rant

2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Annnnu
    Your MIL is in IL, and she has read your comments. Ha....ha....
    Mega

9 people like this.
  3. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

Who? Where? When? [​IMG]

15 people like this.
  4. KAME

KAME Silver IL'ite

Whenever I start cooking she used to say like this,

For example, if i have to make semiya upma means,

MIL - She will give recipe by sitting in the hall wathcing TV , Fry the vermicelli in ghee, add so and so ingredients, add exact water ..

Me - Oh madam, you pls come and cook it.. Why you are giving Oral Recipe.. you come and cook it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I serve this upma to my hubby, He will say, super di.. It tastes so good.

My MIL - My dear son, ask your wife who has given this recipe. Its me.. That's why it has turned out well.

Me ------- Telling the recipe by mouth, It will not come out well.. that too for the simple food... :rant:crazy

Pls try to give the recipe for new food.. why are you always giving recipe for sambar, rasam and for basic items.. Why don't you give for such new items like pizza, burgar, etc.,,:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant

SCA, sindmani, blessings1010 and 18 others like this.
  5. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

Mil to me: I struggled a lot to bring my children to this stage i wish u should remember that

Me : even my parents struggled a lot infact every parents struggle a lot to bring up their children I wish u could acknowledge that

Mil : learn to respect mil & fil from my daughter
    me : I know I know how she respects her mil by staying with u in ur house all the time(her family is staying in my pils house)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  6. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

good one but the problem is we never open our mouth for our own peace that its is making us granted for them

vgovinda, sindmani, arch1209 and 7 others like this.
  7. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

MIL : My Cosis DIL's parents are gifting too many things for her. They gifted car, they gifted jewellery etc.

ME: See your Cosis has big bunglow, big backyard to park the car etc. so the DIL is from well off family, and she will get everything. You stay in a tiny matchbox kind of house on rent, so, you got a DIL of your capacity. Jaisi Karni, Waisi Bharni... (As you sow, shall you reap)

8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

My FIL: if I were you I wouldn't spent so much on clothes. I rather invest in lands etc.
    Me: no wonder your wardrobe looks the way it is, and i hope you will never be " ME"and I pray everyday that I will not be you, ever....(kajoos, makichoose)

13 people like this.
  9. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

MIL : Always cursing my parents for my up bringing " Never seen such parents in my whole life who know only to give birth to daughters but never teach them even basic things"

Me: I must curse your parents first for ever giving birth to a daughter like you who doesn't even have basic common sense.

MIL: Have the best son's in laws in this whole world so very helpful to my daughters.

Me : How come you don't allow your DS to do even simple chores for his wife.

10. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a ton Monita for this golden opportunity!!! :banana because I was going :spin

MIL - Only we are the best parents in the world and if anyone will ever tell or claim that their parents are better, I will go deep into their histories to prove when and where have they missed being good parents bla bla bla blah-blah-parrot-emoticon.gif

Me - raged-smiley-emoticon.gif aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!! Do whatever you want to, go and behave like a crazy detective! My parents are the BEST, the BEST, the BEST!! Now you can leave me alone and get to your mission of going in the history!!!!! :rant
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIL - For my son, there were hundreds of girls who wanted to marry him. A lot of parents were ready to give up their wealth if their son married their daughter. He is just so perfect. Some ladies, old enough to be his mother / elder sister also sometimes feel "why didn't I get a husband like him?" blah-blah-parrot-emoticon.gif

Me - yawning.gif Tell me when you're done!
    Just imagine, how good I must be that leaving all those wealth and treasures, he wanted to marry me ONLY!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIL - I always used to keep the home perfectly neat and clean. Even the neighbours used to envy my housekeeping skills. I used to go from one room to other whole day with a mop to find if any dust is lying around and clean every nook and corner of the house.

Me - Please don't change your wonderful habits for me.:coffee I don't have whole day like you used to have to go around with a mop. I have other work, like earning, to do.

OR

Me - Yeah, I can see that from your current habits also. (There is no dustbin in the house and all the kachra goes to the nearby ground, or if she's not in the mood, under the bed, to test whether the maid does the work properly!!:bonk:bonk)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all other cases - running-around-smiley-emoticon.gif

Attached Files: