1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you want to tell your MIL, but can't.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monita, Nov 9, 2012.

1. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Ladies,
    There are always things that you want to say to your MIL(usually in response to something she says), but can't, may be because it will be considered disrespectful, or to avoid conflict, such as-

She- I am too old to do anything, I just want to take rest now.(She is 53)
    You- You are just 53, look at so and so, she is 70 and so active.

She ordering you around.
    You- I am not your servant.:rant

She asks you for an expensive gift.
    You- We don't have money growing on trees in our backyard.

I know these problems are regularly discussed on this forum, but just starting this thread for DILs to vent. So, vent and rant everyone! What do you want to tell your MIL, FIL or any IL?

sindmani, urenigma, Komik and 21 others like this.

2. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

To my MIL: Please stop talking continuously. I wish god gives me your remote and i keep you mute always. Also stop interfering, overacting, and overreacting in everything.......Also please stop keeping an eye on me always.......Also please tell your daughter to do so..................and stop ganging up with her.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MIL: My daughter can do this and that.....My daughter did this and that......and all

Me: I wish i could send you to her place forever and never call you back so that we all can live peacefully. :rant
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MIL: Give this and that to my daughter's DDs.

Me: Ok.....from now on i will not give/gift you anything.....I will send it directly to your daughter and her daughters......Happy???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant

[​IMG]

Thanks for this thread, Monita dear.

3. apaasn

apaasn Gold IL'ite

Me :- how are you? (On the phone)
    Mil- somehow living(never does she say I am fine,not once in a thousand calls,always complaining of some pain)
    Me : how come you are roaming all over India,visiting friends,relatives,going for late night shows and movies and yet say sadly you are not fine.

Mil: it was so hard giving birth to my son yet I did it.(very often said sentence)
    Me: even I have forgotten the pain of childbirth how come you are still hanging onto that pain?

Mil : DS acts just like my son,sils son acts just like my son when he was small
    Me : ya my son,sils son have got your family genes,me or sils husband have contributed nothing!

Thanks,this came in the right time! I needed to vent!

4. Applemoon

Applemoon Silver IL'ite

Stop grumbling for everything....:bang:bang:bang
    Dont interfere in everything.... You will be told what you have to be told.... :rant:rant:rant
    Stop instructing... I know what to do and can take care of my house better than you... WitsendWitsendWitsendWitsend
    Get a life.. do something better than watching TV whole day and commenting on my every move...

OMG!!! lots of things... wish could tell her (ofcourse nicely) and save myself from some emotional atyachaar..

5. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

MIL- My DS is so intelligent because I breastfed him until he was 4 yrs old.
    Me- Ya, and you didn't breastfeed your DDs for that long, so they are stupid?:rotfl

6. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

exactly! Sometimes I feel, just for a day, it so happened that I could speak my mind and there were no consequences. Any how, we can at least say it here, if not to MIL.

7. Applemoon

Applemoon Silver IL'ite

Yes one day when we are at our wits end......If it all comes out.. she will stop talking in front us....

Only problem is we are too nice for our own good......

9 people like this.
  8. sun1

sun1 Senior IL'ite

mil-what ever u cook is trash.
    me-but yesterday only fil told its wonderfull

9. karthikas

karthikas Gold IL'ite

mil: my daughter cooks so well........nobody can beat her cooking.......she got it from me...
    me: hello excuse me, when i am at your age i will also be a wonderful cook.

mil: my daughter works day and night so hard.......i pity her
    me: madam, as if we are begging for food from her or what...
    she has got freedom from you after her marriage........but i got in this loop

10. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

MIl- The food is not good. Too much salt/too little salt/ too hot
    Me- Why don't you cook yourself?:rant

vgovinda, sindmani, sslkgpaa and 18 others like this.