Things You Never Knew Your Cellphone Could Do..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ambika ananth, Nov 13, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Good News For You All!

Dear All,

I hear from very reliable sources that scientists are doing extensive (and intensive too) research on cell phone's multifunctionality.

By the middle of 2007 we will have cell phone that will do our laundry; they are trying to solve only one hitch. Under the current design that cell phone is as large as a top-open, semi-automatic washing machine. Hope they will resolve this issue soon.

And by 2008 you will have a cell phone that will double as your mixie and grinder. And when somebody complains you of the extra noise, you can say with non-chalance, that I have been using it as a grinder. People will respect you.

And you are going to have mobiles that will actually manage your house maid. But this model is going to be very expensive as top experts from IIMs have been drawn in for design ideas.

And this functionality I would say is really state of art. When the mobile's owner carries it to a party and spots a gorgeously dressed woman, all she needs to do is just key in her name. The mobile will say every 15 seconds, 'Oh Mrs Patel's dress, it is so indecent. How on earth she got the idea for it?' In the higher end models we can store some 100 cryptic comments like this and ask the cell phone to reproduce what fits in to our moods for the time being.

Boy, technology is really going places.
    sridhar

2. lkodha

lkodha New IL'ite

You made me roll in laughter, Varalotti!

Dear Varalotti,
    I am surprised that you can write such a good humorous piece. I was literally rolling in laughter reading your post. My husband looked a little concerned. He came near me and felt my forehead to make sure that I was not in a state of delirium.
    I enjoyed it Varalotti
    regards,
    Kodha Lakshmi

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi All

All the posts are so good. But let me just add one more thing pls. Have u all heard of ICE numbers. It is nothing but In Case of Emergency numbers. Pls store those numbers that need to be called in case of emergency as ICE and ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3. This will be easy for those who try to search for a contact number in your mobile. I request you all who read this to pass this message to all those who you know owns a mobile. Though it might be your spouse's num or res number stored in another name store the num in this name too. (That is ICEArun, ICERes.)

4. Nains

Nains New IL'ite

Hi,

Please don't get offended but I did some research about these points and this was the result on one of the website:

Comments: Beware forwarded emails offering esoteric tips and tricks "you never knew." Most of the claims in this message are either false or have limited applicability. Let's examine them one by one:

1. The worldwide emergency number for cell phones is 112.
    Not quite. Throughout most of Europe and a few countries outside of the EU, dialing 112 will connect users to local emergency services. However, the number won't work in North America, nor most of Asia and Africa. Many, but not all, cell phone models will allow special emergency numbers to be dialed even if the phone lacks a SIM card or the keypad is locked.
    2. Unlock a car door with your cell phone and a spare remote key.
    False. cell phones and remote keyless entry systems work on entirely different radio frequencies. Therefore, cell phones are incapable of re-transmitting the signal from a remote key to unlock a car door.
    3. Press *3370# to access 'reserve battery power.'
    False. On some Nokia phones, users can punch in special codes and toggle between speech codec modes to 1) enhance voice transmission quality at the cost of diminished battery performance, or 2) enhance battery performance by decreasing voice quality. Apparently, some users have misconstrued the latter as "tapping into reserve battery power." On that score the email is doubly erroneous because *3370# is the code for enhancing voice quality, so using it actually decreases battery life! 4. Press *#06# to disable a stolen cell phone.
    Not exactly. On some cell phone models, but not all, pressing *#06# will cause the phone's 15-digit International Mobile Equipment Identity to be displayed. Some service providers, but not all, can use that information to deactivate the handset. In any case, it isn't necessary to supply an IMEI number to cancel your cellular account in the event of theft; simply call your provider, give them the appropriate account information, and tell them the phone was stolen.

5. newworld

newworld New IL'ite

Dear Ambika,

Thanks for the great & useful tips about the cellphones! I realy appreciate you.

Thanks again!
    newworld.

6. queenathome

queenathome New IL'ite

Hi Nains

I also came up with the same info as you.