1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you Like about your MOTHER IN LAW

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shravyakekade, Nov 7, 2012.

1. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

MIL raised DH well. He does not drink or smoke. Has high regards for woman in general. Is kind and gentle to everyone. He is basically a good guy. So I guess I should give credits to MIL for it.

Yet there are some things wrong about him, that I cannot help but blame her. she had made him completely dependent on her advices and opinions. If there is anything to be decided, his first response will be 'Lets ask mom.' Even the simple thing like whether to buy new dinner set for our house !! I don't know why, but he fears her and can't even think of doing anything against her wishes.

2. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

I like that my MIL loves and supports me no matter what, also that she genuinely cares and respects me. I like that she is not like other MIL's and that I am always treated as an equal in my family.

6 people like this.
  3. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

we have a mostly cold relationship. what i like about her is that she does not interfere, i do the same. so, it's cool like that.

1 person likes this.
  4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

My MIL is a truly sweet and gentle woman. She is a loving mom but even better grandmother. I dont think of her as my mom because according to me no one can be my mother except my mom but she is close second. They share a lot of similar qualities. Apart from that, I love my MIL for being so loving and welcoming to my family and to me. For all intends and purpose, she treats me just like she treats her son. It is obviously to her (and my FIL's )credit that she raised a loving and hard working son.

4 people like this.
  5. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

My mom-in-law is a perfectionist. She is extremely generous.
    She has raised her son very well.. inspite of being a single child, and my dad-in-law away most of the time, she made sure that he was not pampered too much. She looked after her parents so well that her dad said that she was his only child!! She always includes me in everything she does.. (I may not like it, but even she bought a blouse piece, she has to tell us ;) )

She wouldgo out of her way to do things, and then get upset when it is not reciprocated.. and the relatives make use of her nature to get things done and then not even thank her!!

Mythili

7 people like this.
  6. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

she is a strong headed woman whatever the circumstances may be she never give up she brought up her children very well in worst situations like my fil is a drunker but to look after this side of her she never gives a chance as she always doing bad things to me this making me all the time noticing her bad nature only:spin

7. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

Dear op

good initiative from your side It is irony when we think of mil, some wicked personalty like lalita pawar kind comes in our minds. That was the thing of the past. Now the time is changing so are mil's. In many cases they prove to be helpful for dil's as they take care their of kids and love them like anything.
    so goodgoing and carry on.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

My MIL has welcomed me into her home wholeheartedly even though ours is an inter-caste marriage. She is a work-oriented lady and a very good planner. i always feel she would achieve wonders if her professional career was that of planning/management. She is a good doctor and maintains very good relations with her patients (not commercial ones, she charges very less compared to others).

9. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

10. mimi76

mimi76 Senior IL'ite

Lots of things. I actually like her better than my own mother in some respects :whistle She is very patient, she is very kind, she will do anything for children. I respect her enormously for bringing up BIL's three young children under five practically single-handed whilst both parents have worked demanding jobs, she rushed to the rescue when one of DH's cousins had an incident with the childcare where the nanny cracked the one year old baby's skull and she looked after him after that for six months, she recently helped looked after my almost teenage daughter for three months who just started school overseas (we are going later this month). I respect the way she is close with her siblings (one of eleven). I like the way she can defend herself against her inlaws quite well (even though they are the same caste they have some superiority complex because they can speak pure Tamil and she cannot). She worked from a young age due to necessity and my DH has enormous respect for the sacrifices that she has made for both he and his brother. She's just a really nice lady and quite a beautiful one too.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.